2003+ V8 K&N Cold Air Intake (CAI)

mholhut

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Browsing around and found this for the 2003 T-Bird....

K&N 2003 Thunderbird CAI

I think the price is about $220 or so. Should fit the '03+ LS for anyone interested.

69-3520TP.jpg

Do you think the different LS hood would cause this to not seal properly?? Nice find!

Good question... unfortunately I don't have an answer. Only one way to know is for someone to buy one and find out.

From the looks of it the system replaces the intake tube as well as the air box. I don't see where the MAF sensor plugs in unless it's the section behind the shield. The KKM for the 03 and up is $135 plus shipping. It looks like the same thing other than the shield.

dose anyone know if you can get somthing like this cold air intake for a 95 lincoln continental

GrayGhost1 said:
From the looks of it the system replaces the intake tube as well as the air box. I don't see where the MAF sensor plugs in unless it's the section behind the shield. The KKM for the 03 and up is $135 plus shipping. It looks like the same thing other than the shield.

If you read the install instructions on the web site, it is clear that the MAF plugs into the custom tube supplied with the system. It also replaces the stock resonator chambers with just the tube. Actually it looks quite good, but is a lot more expensive. I wrote an email today to KKM with pictures of my homemade insulation box and of the new K&N system, asking them to re-visit the possibility of providing a molded box like the K&N for purchase by all of their KKM customers. (Actually hoping that they could contact the OEM of K&N's box.) It really looks like a molded plastic version of the foil box I made.
:Beer

GWL said:
If you read the install instructions on the web site, it is clear that the MAF plugs into the custom tube supplied with the system. It also replaces the stock resonator chambers with just the tube. Actually it looks quite good, but is a lot more expensive. I wrote an email today to KKM with pictures of my homemade insulation box and of the new K&N system, asking them to re-visit the possibility of providing a molded box like the K&N for purchase by all of their KKM customers. (Actually hoping that they could contact the OEM of K&N's box.) It really looks like a molded plastic version of the foil box I made.
:Beer
Your email to KKM may not be responded to until after Sept. 14th. Warren with KKM is on a mission trip and will not be back until after Sept. 14th. Warren and I discussed an air box or shield at lengths and he really isn't interested in making one at this time. Demand vs Cost is the issue. However, I have the template that one of LvC's members sent me. That is a project I have on the schedule but other things are a head of it. I need to make one for mine.

would replacing the intake tube on a 03+ Ls do all that much more of a difference???

Maddog121483 said:
would replacing the intake tube on a 03+ Ls do all that much more of a difference???
That's been a debate since the KKM came out. Since the throttle body was relocated to the front of the engine there really isn't that much gain by replacing it.

thats what i thought, but i started wondering about it when i saw this thread, i guess if there is a difference its very little and probably not worth 85 bucks.

Ken,
Could you send me the template for the box? Is it something that you could mail? I would like to try my hand at it. Thanks,

I will be posting pics of a CIA that I started this weekend for an LVC memger using a 6" peice of abs tubing (black). It is very easy to make and only requires running a tube to be run through the whole in the fender to the front grill.

Members online

No members online now.
Back