2003 Deville

wwa100

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a Deville 2003. It has 80,000 miles on it. Lately I have the following problem and i appreciate your help:

The vehicle just shuts down when I am driving. It did this 3 times now when I am going full speed a 60km/h and all of a sudden it dies. I have to stop and turn it on again. It turns on right away.

If anyone had this problem before, I appreciate any insight.

That is a classic sign of faulty crankshaft position sensors. There are two sensors that are mounted to the block, just behind the oil filter mount. Go to www.gmpartsdirect.com, and order both sensors. To replace them, place car on ramps. Remove the plastic splash shield from under the bumper. Remove the oil filter mount (2 10mm bolts). Using 1/4" drive ratchet and extensions, remove the crank sensors (1 10mm bolt each). Disconnect the wires. Reassembly is reverse. Just remember that you have an aluminum block, and do not over torque the bolts. Aluminum strips easily.

Don

Thanks a lot. I changed it and will wait and see if the problem is resolved.

That is a classic sign of faulty crankshaft position sensors. There are two sensors that are mounted to the block, just behind the oil filter mount. Go to www.gmpartsdirect.com, and order both sensors. To replace them, place car on ramps. Remove the plastic splash shield from under the bumper. Remove the oil filter mount (2 10mm bolts). Using 1/4" drive ratchet and extensions, remove the crank sensors (1 10mm bolt each). Disconnect the wires. Reassembly is reverse. Just remember that you have an aluminum block, and do not over torque the bolts. Aluminum strips easily.

Don

Members online

No members online now.
Back