2003 CTS - Stall

RDR

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This week I was driving my CTS on a highway and upon entering a City I stopped at a red light and the car died. I could not get it restarted although it seemed to want to fire but would not catch. After 10 minutes it started on the first try with no problem just like usual. As I drove on the highway around 60 mph I heard a slight clunk like your transmission was shifting. I was not changing speed. Upon slowing to 20 mph for a bend in the highway, the car died. I could not get it restarted although it seemed to want to fire but would not catch. After about 10 minutes it started on the first try with no problem just like usual. The next light entering another community, the same stall.

I had good gas, premium grade, and I also put in STP "water remover" after the first stall.

It seemed you can drive around a parking lot without a problem but if the transmission changes gears and then you have to shift down the engine stalls, (its an automatic). It appears that there is a problem between the engine and the transmission. Maybe a sensor? Any similar experiences or suggestions? I have it in a shop now awaiting a response.

Members online

No members online now.
Back