2002 Lincoln ls v8 won't start again!

Showout1812

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2002 Lincoln ls v8 165000 miles. When I bought the car, nothing appeared to be wrong with it, except the fact it wouldn't stay on the road. We replaced the whole steering and suspension and we thought that was it. We noticed the air wasn't cooling like it was supposed too. Only would be cold when driving highway speeds. Well had someone check compressor and all that, said compresser was bad. Bought new compressor, expansion valve (that was the nightmare) and oriface tube. Well if you have never had to replace an expansion valve, hope and pray you never have too. You have to literally remove the dash and everything else just to get to the fire wall!!!! Well after that was replaced and the dash was put back together enough to drive it home, it started overheating real bad. Filled her up with coolant and water and burped her. Still over heated. Also am getting fuel computer data error, engine sensor data error. Speedometer isn't working, dashes on the odometer, no actual miles. Abs, engine, off trac, all of them it seems like, lights are on. Thermostat kept sticking so we replaced that, the housing and the radiator hose. Put all those back on couple days ago, just now getting back to her to work on, and she won't start! I'm at my wits end with this car!

Last edited:
You don't have an orifice tube. You have an expansion valve. (It's one or the other, not both.)
Your problem was the scroll control valve in the compressor. There was no need to replace the expansion valve.
You will continue to have overheating problems until you replace all the cooling system plastic and then correctly bleed the system (have to follow the factory procedure exactly).
The ABS system provides the vehicle speed on the data bus. You will get a lot of errors until that is fixed.
Please describe better "won't start." Does the starter engage and turn the crankshaft but the engine won't fire up? Or, do you just get a click? What is the PATS light doing when you try to start it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back