2002 Lincoln LS third brake light removal and rear panel package tray

jellyfish

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help me with some clear instructions on how to remove the rear panel package tray - carpeted area that fits under the high brake light?
Thank you!

I need one of these but beige, and I need to know how to take the old one out. I tried and messed it up

deck.jpg

The brake light cover just pops off, but it has some reverse hooks that take some massaging to release from the carpet. The brake light housing then lifts up, as I recall, with spring clips pointed down. Pop off the c-pillar covers, swing down the rear seat side bolsters which I think just unsnap from the top, remove a handful of push fasteners you see missing from above, maybe peel down some trunk liner too. Look around, if the carpet is still under another part, look to see how to remove/move that part first

The brake light cover just pops off, but it has some reverse hooks that take some massaging to release from the carpet. The brake light housing then lifts up, as I recall, with spring clips pointed down. Pop off the c-pillar covers, swing down the rear seat side bolsters which I think just unsnap from the top, remove a handful of push fasteners you see missing from above, maybe peel down some trunk liner too. Look around, if the carpet is still under another part, look to see how to remove/move that part first
Thank you! I think it's the shoulder / side part of the seat that we were hung up on. To find the bolts for those we had to remove the bottom seat cushion and then crawl in the trunk and pop the tabs. Just writing this in case anyone comes by wondering how to do it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back