2001 V6 wont start HELP PLEEEAASSEE!!!

944Porsche

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i drove my car earlier this morning and parked it after driving not quite 5 minutes, i always let the car warm up a little and get the rpms down from initially cold starting. i went back outside an hour later and the car just sits there and cranks and cranks but will not turnover. i checked the fuses and everything appears to be alright. anyone have any ideas what this could be. please help

i drove my car earlier this morning and parked it after driving not quite 5 minutes, i always let the car warm up a little and get the rpms down from initially cold starting. i went back outside an hour later and the car just sits there and cranks and cranks but will not turnover. i checked the fuses and everything appears to be alright. anyone have any ideas what this could be. please help

Okay, how can it crank but not turn over? Turn over means that the starter turns the crankshaft. Crank is used to mean turn over or start. Start means that the engine fires up and runs.

So, are you saying that it turns over, but it won't fire up and run?

ha, the starter did its job meaning it was trying to start, but it didnt actually start, sorry about the terminology i guess

Sounds like the crankshaft sensor. If it's not working, the engine cranks, but won't start because the computer doesn't know that it's being cranked, so it doesn't turn on the ignition or fuel pump!

Have had the same thing happen on my '96 mark, my wifes MB, and my daughters Crown Vic.

Could just be a bad connection so locate it and make sure the connection is good.I don't know where it is located on your car.

On the Mark and Crown Vic it is low on the left front of the engine (as you face the engine from the front of the car) just about 2 o'clock inrelation to the AC compressor. On the MB it's on the rear of the engine just above the bell housing crammed up against the firewall (idiot engineers)

Members online

Back