2000 ls6 problem odd smell from engine into the cabin

tubbyLS6

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So. This is the thrid day I'm having this odd smell coming into my car smells like oil dropping on to the headers or cat anyway it's like a strongburnt oil smell and today I had the heater on and some smoke came into the I pulled over pop the hood and couldn't find out were it came from please any every have an issue like this 2000 ls6 122k ?

also it's from the right side of the car were the smoke came from????

not good man, I'm looking for a mechanic somewhere in NY or NJ....if I find somebody good i'll let you know....just in case you need it. sounds like gaskets or something, probablly just something that has worn out after 122k...just sayin

So. This is the thrid day I'm having this odd smell coming into my car smells like oil dropping on to the headers or cat anyway it's like a strongburnt oil smell and today I had the heater on and some smoke came into the I pulled over pop the hood and couldn't find out were it came from please any every have an issue like this 2000 ls6 122k ?

Leaky valve cover gaskets. They will develop a leak as the car ages. I had mine (well, my daughter's now) replaced (V6) at about 155K.

I had an odd smell leaking into my car, they said i needed a catalyc converter, i dont know if it caused the smell, but it went away

Not coolant not sweet at all also I changed the gaskets when I did the feel tune up a few months ago, it's more it's more from the header

Members online

No members online now.
Back