2000 LS with PO300 code....please help!

BMALDONADO7

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Lincoln LS. It idles rough, hesitates, & misses. Runs good at higher RPMs. The check engine light is on with a PO300 code(random cylinder misfire). I took it to the local shop which first changed the fuel filter, then tested the injectors, and replaced the spark plugs. The mechanic also claims to have checked for a vacuum leak with a "smoke machine". He said this would have also checked the PCV valve. The car still runs the same, no improvement. After hundreds of dollars, the mechanic can't figure it out. Can anyone please give me some solid advise? I am not even fixing this car for myself. I am giving the car to my brother-in-law who is a Purple Heart recipient with the Marines. He just finished his enlistment after several tours in Iraq & Afghanistan. I am giving the car to him so he can go to college and start his new life. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sit tight and wait for a trouble code that identifies which coil it is. It'll pop up shortly. Always does.

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS. It idles rough, hesitates, & misses. Runs good at higher RPMs. The check engine light is on with a PO300 code(random cylinder misfire). I took it to the local shop which first changed the fuel filter, then tested the injectors, and replaced the spark plugs. The mechanic also claims to have checked for a vacuum leak with a "smoke machine". He said this would have also checked the PCV valve. The car still runs the same, no improvement. After hundreds of dollars, the mechanic can't figure it out. Can anyone please give me some solid advise? I am not even fixing this car for myself. I am giving the car to my brother-in-law who is a Purple Heart recipient with the Marines. He just finished his enlistment after several tours in Iraq & Afghanistan. I am giving the car to him so he can go to college and start his new life. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like coils.

best to just do them all. i faught with a slight stumble/misfire/fall on face for 5 months once.

i no longer replace just 1 coil. i do the 200$ ebay specials for 8 of them. its like 1 or 2 of them start to fail, but they take their time. so when you replace one, the other(s) are still getting ready to go.

just hope you dont find oil down there lol.

I vote for coils too. Also, please note that since you have the V8, there is no PCV valve. I would stay away from a mechanic that doesn't know that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back