2000 LS Timing Kit

oldshovelguy

New LVC Member
Reaction score
New to this site..hope someone can offer some good advice on who makes a GOOD timing chain kit... just popped the chain while starting the car...has 160,000 miles...have a line on a 2001 motor with 85,000 miles, so i was thinking about just swapping motors but would still replace the kit in the donor motor considering this seems to be the main problem with the 3.9 engine. Any thoughts would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks!

Chris's Foreign Parts. He is an ebay seller and has the updated tensioners made out of metal. HTK 100 is the kit number.

+1 on CFP.
Pull a valve cover and verify which type of primary chain you have first - it's either a bicycle type chain like the secondary, or it's a multi-link chain. That is, if you do the primaries.

Call the dealer with the vin. Build date prior to 4/15/01 uses HTK 100. After that date is the HTK 200(I believe that is the number). Call the dealer with the vin number first. You do need the build date. My apologies for not recalling that and I knew better since I just went through an engine build. Thanks oddball.

Members online

No members online now.
Back