2000 cadillac deville humming noise

black_lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 deville and when i drive it it makes this humming sound like a motorcycle .. its not very loud, you have to turn the radio down to hear it and i dont think its my tires.. any idea what it could be?

Humming noise

black_lincoln said:
I have a 2000 deville and when i drive it it makes this humming sound like a motorcycle .. its not very loud, you have to turn the radio down to hear it and i dont think its my tires.. any idea what it could be?

If you find out what it is, please let me know. My noise has gotten so loud I am seriously considering getting rid of the car. We have taken it to four different mechanics (including the dealer) and they all have to hear it, which, of course, it doesn't make the noise when at the mechanic. First started at 60-70 MPH but now starting to come in at lower speeds. Sometimes lasts for 30 minutes to an hour - sometimes just comes in and out. We have changed the brakes, rotated the tires and don't know what else to try.

black_lincoln said:
i have a 2000 deville and i had the same sound .... it was the front driver side hub bearing in my case... i changed them both and wallah the noise was gone and i was a happy camper.....was'nt expensive bought the parts for about 65 bucks each at the auto parts store and did it my self.....well hope this was helpful and good luck! :Beer

Noise

mike940 said:
i have a 2000 deville and i had the same sound .... it was the front driver side hub bearing in my case... i changed them both and wallah the noise was gone and i was a happy camper.....was'nt expensive bought the parts for about 65 bucks each at the auto parts store and did it my self.....well hope this was helpful and good luck! :Beer

Thanks a lot. At least that gives me a starting point. If it works, I will let you know. I'm on the road a lot and it was (is) driving me crazy.

I have a 2001 DTS and my noise started around 40MPH. For me it was front passenger side hub but has ABS sensor built in. Part was $205 and labor was $60 but noise is gone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back