2 quarts of oil within 500 miles?

ontherun

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Good day to you all, I just recently purched a 1992 lincoln towncar and does she every drive great. But I have noticed every time I come to a stop and get going again it puffs smoke....I have recently turned her up and the plugs were as clean as could be.I have also changed the pvc valve, But I'm still going threw 2 quarts of oil where is it going? theres no visable oil leaks but the tail pipe have signs of oil.. Need your help on this one..... :feedback

It could be burning oil? I have a 1990 TC and after a long drive a long time and stopping, I smell some oil burning I think, I get about 2000 miles unitil I change oil.

what color smoke is it? If it is blue, it is the all to common Valve Seal problem. Basically, the valve stem seals on these early TCs are not that great and will fail. They need to be replaced eventually, and will cost some money to replace them. There are a few tech articles for the DIY home mechanic, and I've read that it is mostly time consuming. Mine has been puffin' on and off for about a year now, but it still runs strong. Chances are this is one of the problems. Someone with a little bit more knowledge on this will pipe in eventually I'm sure...

I have a 90' Towncar with 203,000 miles and it runs perfectly. It doesn't burn any oil nor does it smoke at all. Tranny shifts perfect. Ford really has a winner with the 302 and AOD.

Members online

Back