1998 Mark

CadillacETC1997

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey as the name states i have a 1997 ETC.
Well i want a Mark also for rwd and performance.
I know all of the difficulties with the N*, but what about a 98 Intech. Is there a programmer for it? Supercharger? Thanks alot guys....

Hey man..

Yes there are programmers out there for all year Mark VIIIs and centrifugal superchargers. Or if you go for C heads you have the same supercharger options as an 03-04 Cobra has, which is a lot.

with an s/c though
how would i boost up the fuel
would a programmer be able to take care of that
sorry im learning here, ive only done mods via engine work on my old 69 camaro and on my 83 trans am, and exhaust work and a plug in chip on my 97 ETC

If you just want more power nitrous is alot easier and cheaper. You need a larger fuel pump with that, and of course you'll want to J mod your trans maybe pick up a better converter change out your driveshaft to the '93 one piece or buy an MMX shaft and change out your rear gears unless you get an LSC model then they come with the 3.27?'s I beleive instead of the 3.08's you might be happy with the 3.27's if you'll be doing alot of highway driving.

Everybody's input will differ, others will post up what they think that was just a quick thought I posted.

Good luck.

For a blower you would need a fuel pump, a tune, and depending on the power level you're after you may need bigger injectors.

98 had the best factory transmission of the Marks but yes you would want to Jmod it, and a stall will help any of these cars. If you don't do highway driving or don't care about a drop in fuel economy gears are a good idea too. Mark VIIIs come with an open rear so you'll want at least a trac lok (LSD/posi.)

MediumD said:
For a blower you would need a fuel pump, a tune, and depending on the power level you're after you may need bigger injectors.

QUOTE]

D Reinhart sp? did a pretty cheap blower install he posted over on .org.

He added very little to the car to get 6? lbs and an extra hundred? Hp.

yuh i should of mentioned
it is an LSC
again excuse my ignorance
but whats LSC do for the Mark?
is it like Touring Coupe vs Sport Coupe with the Eldo
what all does an LSC have that a base lacks
thanks alot guys

LSC had dual exhaust (10hp more according to Lincoln), 3.27 gearing vs. 3.08, and slightly stiffer suspension. That's the only differences performance wise.

98LSC32V said:
LSC had dual exhaust (10hp more according to Lincoln), 3.27 gearing vs. 3.08, and slightly stiffer suspension. That's the only differences performance wise.

Stiffer suspension? What they put a different swaybar in? I've been unaware of any suspension differences.

They also got perforated leather, away from the performance perspective that 98LSC32V just stated. .. . And LSC badge on the tail light lense. And the chrome around the tail lights and headlights and the chrome grill all got painted to match.

Hmm... I Heard Lsc!....i Got A Blk N Blk 98 Lsc. Best Car Ever Owned For That Yr And Model!

I experianced the 94' eldo touring edition for a couple of yrs as well..i can say it a bit looser and floppy soupy-what ever you may call it compared to my lsc.i feel more grounded with the lsc than the eldo.i beleive my eldo had duel exaust like the lsc,but what's messed up it's front wheel drive.-which i can say i took me outta snow once.i wouldnt try it with my lsc...(hehehe)

Members online

No members online now.
Back