1998 Mark VIII need VRCM PLEASE!!!!

Fat Tony

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Please help, I am totally freaking out.

I have a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII (base) and I've got the thing running perfectly.

The VRCM / VLCM went out. I need to replace it. Do you have one? Know where there is one?

At first when I'd overheat, I thought no big deal. So...
I replaced the thermosdat (not easy on a Mark VIII let me tell you) THen...
Replaced the water pump. Then kept over heating.....
Replaced the radiator. Then....
Ah ha! The 40 amp fuse keeps blowing every time the fan comes on! Replaced the fan. Then....
I keep blowing 40 amp fuses every time the fan kicks on. So ITS GOT TO BE THE VRCM / VLCM right?

Please help me drive my whore. That's my nickname for my car, "Daddy's lil whore." And you gotta say it with a southern accent, not hoe, but hor.

Please if you have a VLCM for a GEN2 Mark VIII please let me know!
213-804-2828

Call Max at Five Star Ford. They are plentiful. Or perhaps if you can't wait, check your local Ford, Lincoln parts department. Also check Ebay, I've seen them there a lot. One thing you must be aware of. Since you have a 98, you cannot use a VRCM from an older Mark. You are limited to just the 98. The part is progressive, not regressive. Max told me that when I had to change mine in my 93.

If you call real fast, Max can usually get it out today, so you might be able to get it tomorrow.

Max at 5 Star is a critical resource when it comes to Mark VIII ownership.

5star ford? WHAT CITY! WHAT STATE! I DID A SEARCH.... OK,.... calm now. I did a search and can't find him.

A phone number/link would be great. Please?
Also, would a 1997 work or it;s gotta be a 98?

Look at the vendors on the right hand side, Maxx's ad is there. 1-800-866-1520

Members online

No members online now.
Back