1998 Mark VIII LSC chip

1995 Mark VIII

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone have any recomendation on which brand of performance chip to use in my 1998 Mark VIII LSC with 110K?? There are a lot of chips out there and I was wondering which one was the best to use.

Thanks,
Vic

It's all preference, some people like SCT while others like diablo sport or. Blue oval chips. Are you looking to have a full blown dyno tune or just plug and play? SCT I believe and my personal preference is a better choice it seems to be more user friendly and you can manipulate it better.

20121215_204901.jpg

I bought a used (locked) SCT xcal2...found someone to unlock it, then got a tune put on it...not dyno-tuned, but customized to my pcm box code...total cost about 225....best money I've spent on this car ...shift points are great, not a single engine knock...ever

I bought a used (locked) SCT xcal2...found someone to unlock it, then got a tune put on it...not dyno-tuned, but customized to my pcm box code...total cost about 225....best money I've spent on this car ...shift points are great, not a single engine knock...ever

It still might be getting KR you don't know unless you datalog... good price for an SCT tune though.

My chip was awesome until I found out just recently after reviewing my dyno sheets that on the baseline pull with the chip tune it was running a 12.0 af ratio. That's also another thing you will never know unless you datalog. I'm impressed I ran a 13.59 running that fat. I think the intake swap must've been the culprit because back in 2010 before the intake it was at 13.0 af ratio but running low 14s. Dyno FTW! This may get interesting because my 13.59 was with that fat tune before it was ever dyno-tuned. I have yet to see what it runs now. Heehee

It still might be getting KR you don't know unless you datalog... good price for an SCT tune though.
educate me, what is 'KR'? I'd also like to datalog to find my actual engine temp if that's possible...yep, I need to learn how to use it

If I bought an unlocked sct handheld tuner, who could I send it off to, to get a custom tune on it? Lonnie, Dennis, John, Geno? Dallas Mustang? Gearheads? Who is highly recommended in yalls opinion? Or would they even do that? I do have a Diablo chip, tuned for a mustang though...

If I bought an unlocked sct handheld tuner, who could I send it off to, to get a custom tune on it? Lonnie, Dennis, John, Geno? Dallas Mustang? Gearheads? Who is highly recommended in yalls opinion? Or would they even do that? I do have a Diablo chip, tuned for a mustang though...

Lonnie. Eff that sniper chit. :rolleyes:

I sent mine to Aaron at Tru Dyno Sports in NC, outside Charlotte somewhere...very happy with mine....the other Mark site pumps up Dennis in a BIG way....i chose not to send mine there....I've heard only good reviews of Blue Oval

Members online

No members online now.
Back