1995 Cadillac Deville

carguy16

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking for my first car, and I am looking at a nice 1995 Cadillac Deville Sedan, with the 4.9 ltr V8. The car has about 93,000 miles on it, and is located in Florida.

I wanted to know if you could tell me more about this, what is good, or what is bad about it. The car looks really nice, the leather looks nice, the body is great. The price is excellent as well.

I have heard that there were problems with the suspension system, and that is the only thing I am aware of.

I would love to hear any input about the 1995 Cadillac Deville, or up to the 1999 Cadillac Deville, they are all basically the same, except that this Cadillac is a 1995 model with the 4.9 ltr V8, it does not have the Northstar engine. Thank you.

-Byron :feedback:

Off the top of my head, from working on them i notice that the climate control gives people some headache in a cadillac. Just make sure you get a good service manual that will help you fix it.

The 4.9 is a very reliable, durable engine as long as it was maintained. Attention needs to be paid to the cooling system in particular, as periodic maintence with a special additive is required. I dont think there were too many electrical problems, and regarding the suspension, there are two areas of suspension control. The first is the automatic load leveling, which compensates if you have a full load in the car by using pneumatics on the rear struts. The other system is the one that could be a problem, the speed sensitive suspension. It works fine, doesn't have many problems, but keep in mind the struts have almost 100k on them. The problem is when it is time to replace them, as they are VERY expensive. Luckily, there are manufacturers who sell replacement passive struts which act like normal struts at a much more sane price. Some still retain the load leveling capability as well. To see if there is any problems with the system, pull the codes by holding OFF and WARMER on the climate control with the ignition on. The codes will scroll by on the screen, then stop at PCM? Push AUTO to exit. Type the codes in to google, and see what comes up.

Cadillac De Ville Concurs 1995

Hello Byron:

What model is, because Concurs has a NortStar 4.6 engine, My own, really has amazing conditions with only 16,705 original miles, !beleive me!, my experience is that all works as new and the recent checkup thru scanner shows that all are in place.

Which is the price that you'll pay for it?

If you wish to have the manual I have a pdf. copy for you and photos are available

Thanks and I'm already to help you if I can

lopezlira@yahoo.com

carguy16 said:
I am looking for my first car, and I am looking at a nice 1995 Cadillac Deville Sedan, with the 4.9 ltr V8. The car has about 93,000 miles on it, and is located in Florida.

I wanted to know if you could tell me more about this, what is good, or what is bad about it. The car looks really nice, the leather looks nice, the body is great. The price is excellent as well.

I have heard that there were problems with the suspension system, and that is the only thing I am aware of.

I would love to hear any input about the 1995 Cadillac Deville, or up to the 1999 Cadillac Deville, they are all basically the same, except that this Cadillac is a 1995 model with the 4.9 ltr V8, it does not have the Northstar engine. Thank you.

-Byron :feedback:

Joe V Deville

I have a 95. I love it. Runs great. When I bought it, I had to change the brakes and it cost me almost $2000 because she was sitting ona lot for about 2 years near ocean (ie salty air). Also needed to get EGR valves changed and adjust the ride control settings. Once this was done...it runs like a charm!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back