1994 Continental will not start if its below 0f.

OldOneEye

New LVC Member
Reaction score
got a new battery and she fires right up if the temp is in the 20s. But if it drops below 0 then the engine will turn and putt-putt a couple of times be never catch.

I have tried foot to the floor, no foot to the floor, and just cranking on and off for minutes. no luck

I live in Minneapolis and the weather is going to be under 0 for long time and I want to drive this car.
Does the 3.8l v6 essex engine have any special "cold start injector" or something else that helps when its really cold. that i need to clean or replace?

Thanks for any help

got a new battery and she fires right up if the temp is in the 20s. But if it drops below 0 then the engine will turn and putt-putt a couple of times be never catch.

I have tried foot to the floor, no foot to the floor, and just cranking on and off for minutes. no luck

I live in Minneapolis and the weather is going to be under 0 for long time and I want to drive this car.
Does the 3.8l v6 essex engine have any special "cold start injector" or something else that helps when its really cold. that i need to clean or replace?

Thanks for any help

No idea man, my 2001 conti starts like the cold ain't no thang over here in WI, even after sitting immobile outside for a week in subzero temps. I'd take the battery and get it load tested. Where did you get the battery? The front battery I bought from O'Reilly's, Super Start Platinum with a secondary battery in the trunk for my sound system.

Members online

No members online now.
Back