1993 mark 8 has gone crazy.....

compshmoe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So, besides my fight with the air ride system...long story...but here's a short version...was working flawless then all of a sudden the front would be down in the mornings with the car facing south...if i park it facing north the rear would be down...after new pump and dryer and checking for leaks ...still same problem...parking it east to west i haven't tried, LOL....NOW the battery went dead so i charged it. Says battery is good and alternator is good....but now the AC control panel went black and my AC fan is on high cant turn it down or off panel went black...any ideas???

First thing I would do is check all fuses.

Second have you turned off the suspension once parked at night? This will limit the leak to either the bag itself or the solenoid air valve that lets air in/out.

Have you replaced the solenoid O rings, or at least pulled out the solenoid and put die electric grease on the O rings?

First thing I would do is check all fuses.

Second have you turned off the suspension once parked at night? This will limit the leak to either the bag itself or the solenoid air valve that lets air in/out.

Have you replaced the solenoid O rings, or at least pulled out the solenoid and put die electric grease on the O rings?
I know this is an older post. With the switch off, and the system holds after a number of days, I assume the bags are not the culprit; if the switch remains on and the front drops in 2 days, should I assume the solenoid as the trouble points?

My problems started after raising the car for a brake inspection, switch off, the car did not vent after removing the jack or after turning on the switch. Once it did lower finally there has been a problem every 2 days with the front dropping. I have not found any leak at the bags.

One thing to watch is the temperature. Mine would not drop unless it was 45 degrees or lower. The colder the quicker the drop.
Raising the car with the switch off wouldn't cause the issue. Unless maybe that with raising the one of the bags got caught on debris and it damaged one of the bags (unlikely) or by raising the car it created cracks in one or both of the air bags. If they are original, most here will tell you there are cracks and air leaks out at a certain height, where the cracks are. There aren't expensive to replace and pretty easy to re&re. Others here have removed them added slime for tire leaks and reinstalled and used them for years after without issue. For the cost, I recommend replacing them. Of course once you have determined if indeed yours has cracks in one or both of the bags.

Members online

Back