1988 Deville looking for selling price

92 Arizona Towncar

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay... I'm not trying to sell anything on this site, but I'm trying to get a good idea of how much I sohuld ask for my buddy's Caddy Deville... I'm selling it for him, and I need to know what a good price is... It's a 1988 with only 130,000 miles on it, second owner, as the previous owner was a little old lady who used it for grocery trips... In mint condition, I'm going to post two pictures of it in my garage so please take a look at it and give me a round figure... Has not been in a major accident, was side swiped late last year, but was fixed, new tires, fresh tune up, Auto, A/C, power doors, locks, win., oh and it's "Gold" edition. Any help would be appreciated... :cool:

92 Arizona Towncar said:
Okay... I'm not trying to sell anything on this site, but I'm trying to get a good idea of how much I sohuld ask for my buddy's Caddy Deville... I'm selling it for him, and I need to know what a good price is... It's a 1988 with only 130,000 miles on it, second owner, as the previous owner was a little old lady who used it for grocery trips... In mint condition, I'm going to post two pictures of it in my garage so please take a look at it and give me a round figure... Has not been in a major accident, was side swiped late last year, but was fixed, new tires, fresh tune up, Auto, A/C, power doors, locks, win., oh and it's "Gold" edition. Any help would be appreciated... :cool:

1500-1600 or so would be my guess

92 Arizona Towncar said:
Okay... I'm not trying to sell anything on this site,

There is a "for sale" forum............ your welcome to list it there.......

Joeychgo said:
There is a "for sale" forum............ your welcome to list it there.......

2k is a bit too much, unless you're a dealer, and even then it's a bit high, in my opinion. My '94 was only $6k.

I'm really not looking to sell it to anyone on this forum... My buddy just asked me how much I thought someone would pay for it, and I was doing a little research... Kelly says $2000.00 but I thought I'd get some input from those who enjoy their Cadillacs... :cool:

I bought two 1988s last summer, one bombed, the other looking to finish up in the months ahead, needing a replacement transaxle. They were both bought used here, on eBay, no less, for $500 +/-

If the car is near mint with good miles, then they have been offered from $2500 upto $5000 with less then 50K
No more then $5K, sadly as most astute Caddy fans know, the downsized era of Cad almost destroyed the once mighty division. It was even sadder to see the Eldorado demise, because at least there was hope of a new change.
I tend to think, the Deville is the best downsized because it is larger and still has sharp, bold lines that are traditional style of GM/Cads. Rounding them off was not a very good idea, I tend to think.

I also think 2k is high. If it's really mint you'll get $1500. These cars are becoming very available. I see them all over the place at roadside dealers for around $1k

They're nice cars but people don't want to pay much money for a car with 130k miles in it.

codewize said:
I also think 2k is high. If it's really mint you'll get $1500. These cars are becoming very available. I see them all over the place at roadside dealers for around $1k

They're nice cars but people don't want to pay much money for a car with 130k miles in it.
Consider the age and that mileage. There also seems to be a new-car curse that I observed at one of the online car review sites. Readers report on any variety of car and their experiences noted over the ownership time. I forget the site at the moment as it's been some time, but do recall people mentioning the most dismayed experiences came with driveline problems under 100,000 miles. My first 88 Deville had leaking gaskets and bad water pump but was still running quiet at 360,000 miles! I kid you not. The 4.5V8 is a very hearty powerplant versus the 4.1 HT or the V4-6-8 that was really troublesome.
If you're a Cad fanatic, There is a book on the Eldorado that is a must, covers the designer's aspect on these cars during their complete run up to 1995!

I see the Deville with sim con and continental kits going for $2300 on eBay and sometimes more, but $3000 is typically the highest for them, stock. The '88 is the best of the small Devilles due to the 4.5 mainly and all those no-cost options, very nicely equipped. Originally $22,000 or so.
-BILL

MY DEVILLE.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back