1979 Continental frustrations- skid control??

tankdriver

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here, and I am still learning how the site works. It is a GREAT find for me! I have a 1979 Lincoln Continental Towncar. I inherited it from my mother-in-law. When it was parked, I was told, it had a bad powersteering hose.

Well, I replaced the hose. It was one of those high-pressure hoses that goes from the powersteering pump all the way under the car and up to the powerbooster. (What a pain to work with!) Then, I replaced the battery, carb, and a whole lot more stuff!!! Now, another one of those stupid little high-pressure hoses is leaking! I don't suppose this crap can be bypassed? I can't figure what they were thinking in '79 when they put this stuff on my car!

My question is: Is this mess all a part of the Skid Control System?

1979 T/c

:gr_hail: Thanks for making me feel welcomed! My T/C is a deep maroon color, but I am waaaay in the beginning stages of a restoration. She has a bad deck lid, but other than that there is not much rust on her. I live in southeast Texas, where rust eats everything! So, I am happy with just a bad deck lid! Her interior is clean! When she was parked, about a year ago, her AC still blew VERY cold! I know that may be gone now, but I am hopeful!

This week I am having her moved from my mother-in-law's place to my house. I hope to really start working on her then. Maybe, I will take a few pics and upload them. Right now, I think even a disposable camera would break! She needs a good scrubbin'!!!

Then, I hope to fix that high-pressure hose I have leaking and crank her up! :dancefool

tankdriver

Members online

No members online now.
Back