15" L7's (Need Custom Box)

AngelEyesAdrift

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I Have A 2000 Lincoln LS, i've measured out the trunk and realized i only have 12" tall clearance if the box were flush with the rear seats... seeing as the speakers are 15" does anyone know of a box that would let me cleanly put two L7s in the trunk?

Yeah you can still make them clear just make a wedge... slant the speakers a little and there you go!

make a downfiring box....the subs shouldnt be more than 10 inches deep so that should probably clear it.

one more option, glass them into the rear quarterpanels. Make two separate boxes, but i do have to say, I like the down firing design as well.

I had a downfiring design in a jeep liberty, the thing is you need to have a certain amount of clearance for it to sound good, if its too close to the floor it sounds distorted. if the clearance on those is around 8.2(i looked at the first that came up on google) with 3/4 inch mdf, that leaves you with 2-3 inches of space between floor and sub.

I don't know if you're going with a ported box or a sealed box, if it's sealed, then you should be ok with the down-firing, but if it's ported I would reconsider. You need more clearance inside the box from the back wall of the cabinet and the magnet. Not to mention you need at least the distance from the magnet to the port, this dimension must be equal to the size of your port.

Ex..You have a 2 inch port, you need to leave at least 2 inches from the end of the port to the closet part of the magnet.

Good Luck!

i have 2 old school solo's 15" in my 02 ls the box comes from the rear of the seat then slops and fires towards the trunk 2 cube ft per woofer

I also have 2 L7's to put in my 00' LS and need a box made, I dont have the experience or tools todo any of this, I want it ported, as I listen to mainly rap, and I love how my ported box sounds in my explorer

I also have 2 L7's to put in my 00' LS and need a box made, I dont have the experience or tools todo any of this, I want it ported, as I listen to mainly rap, and I love how my ported box sounds in my explorer

Yea, you may have to get a custom build done, unless you wanna just go prefab (Slanted face) and brace the hell out of it like i did (kicker CVX 15s). The mark has low clearance too but i think is more like 15.25 "??

Members online

Back