100k maint.

taylor414ce2003

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My 99 eldorado just turned 100k and the check engine light has come on-it is running just fine-can someone tell me what maint. gets done at 100k miles ? thank you

Plugs, wires, oil change, coolant flush, check all mounts/suspension, check exhaust, just an over-all check of the vehicle is all I can think of for the N*...

Plugs, wires, oil change, coolant flush, check all mounts/suspension, check exhaust, just an over-all check of the vehicle is all I can think of for the N*...
Wires will last a lot longer than 100K. I still have the originals in my 94 Eldorado with over 220K. I wouldn't replace wires unless, for example, insulation is deteriorated or there's some other good reason--If you want to spend the money, fine--but it's not necessary. Plugs, air filter, fuel filter, transaxle fluid, power steering fluid, complete brake bleed, and antifreeze, if it's time--these are things you should look at. This is not to say that you should definitely replace all these things; although I would say if you have not yet replaced the fuel filter, you should. Same goes for plugs and air filter.

wires where in bad shape 1 was actualy starting to arc, it rubbed the insulation off-holy shike big$$$$$s for wires and plugs paid $135(AC delco ) for wires and about $13 each for platnum plugs and ALL DAY sat. to do it but what a huge improvement in power !!!!!!!!!! I also did air filter and gas filter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back