'03+ LS or '01+ Eldo, need suggestions...

Last of a Breed

LVC Member
Reaction score
I hope I put this in the right forum, but anywyas here goes. I'm possibly looking to buy an '03+ Licoln LS (heard that 03's received some revisions and upgrades) or '01-'02 Eldorado for a daily driver. Now besides the RWD vs FWD argument, which one would be a better car in terms of everyday usability, mileage, relaibility etc? I really like the LS style, but have always loved the Eldo's. With the prices for both coming down, I'm thinking of picking one up to replace my current daily driver, though not sure if i want to make the financial commitment to buying another car. I'm just looking for some suggestions/experiences with these cars. If for the most part they are reliable and shouldn't give me too much trouble, then I'll probably lean towards buying one. Any help?

Hi, I just rtecently purchased an '01 Eldo Touring. Absolutely love the car. I replaced a Lexus Sc400 and the Caddy is an improvement over the Lexus cpe. I have not owned a Lincoln so I can't compare the two but I can tell you this is the best handling,most responsive luxury car I have owned. I want those qualities in any car I buy,the Touring edition has extra horsepower and suspension mods. to aid in the handling dept.

Good luck in finding the right car,I know it's a challenge.

O1ETC said:
Hi, I just rtecently purchased an '01 Eldo Touring. Absolutely love the car. I replaced a Lexus Sc400 and the Caddy is an improvement over the Lexus cpe. I have not owned a Lincoln so I can't compare the two but I can tell you this is the best handling,most responsive luxury car I have owned. I want those qualities in any car I buy,the Touring edition has extra horsepower and suspension mods. to aid in the handling dept.

Good luck in finding the right car,I know it's a challenge.

Thanks for the response. I've always loved the Eldo's, thus why I'm looking into them, but I also really like the styling of the LS. I do have a daily driver right now, but ti's starting to give me trouble. So if I get rid of it, I'd like to buy anotehr daily with some luxury and style.

i got a 02 LS, drives great and its got enough power i mean i can beat most cars i will see on the road around here so thats good enough i dont need to beat no mustangs or camaros.. and the car seems to be pretty reliable i havent had any problems yet, but its only at 45K miles.

Members online

Back