"03" lincoln ls v8 ... help with reverse wire/backup camera built in license frame.

03LS-DrVr

New LVC Member
Reaction score
What's up fellas. I would appreciate some help,suggestions with my problem. I have a pioneer double din head unit in the dash. I am gonna buy a aftermarket backup camera to install with it since one didn't come with it. I've done a few days of research and found this is a pretty good camera to install http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics®-T...stance/dp/B0092YMZJY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top Based on the high ratings/reviews. I previously bought a cheaply made camera but it got rain inside the lenses so had to look for another one. Do you guys have any suggestions or comments about this camera!? The second part of my question is I remove everything from the middle section of my L's to remove the head unit... vents,message center buttons,temp control section, ashtray & gear shifter section... thinking I could easily find the reverse signal wire from that area but cannot find it. I'm looming for it so I can use it to automatically turn the camera on and popup on the screen when I put the car in reverse. Any suggestions or comments/ ideas/links pertaining to a solution will be greatly apprieated. Any additional info needed I'll respond asap. thanks!!!!

I actually just purchased the exact same one hooked it up to my flat screen in the house to test the camera before I install it on the car I removed the rear license plate surround to make sure what was behind it before I start drilling my game plane is to drill a small groove right along side the license plate bolt so I will feed the rca and power plugs threw the existing hole and just have the wire in the groove and silicone around it to keep any water out then run the wire threw the large oval shaped hole for the license plate socket on the inside of the trunk run the wire along the top of the trunk inside the liner down the right arm where there is already the existing wires down under the rear seat under the carpet and up threw the center console both rca and reverse switch wire will follow this route the pioneer at least the one I have has several different settings so ill be able to hook it up to the reverse light and it will recognize when it turns on

Capture1-21-2014-9.50.58 AM.jpg

Capture1-21-2014-9.50.58 AM.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back