'02 Lincoln LS Audio System & Apple iPod

KenRosier

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a clean way to get a hard wired connection for my 4th generation Apple iPod 40gig into my stock LS audio system. I'ts a stock '02 premium Alpine 6 disc changer. The one that says Alpine on the CD door.

I use the cassette adaptor in my other cars but I have no cassette in the LS. I also own the wireless FM transmitter for the iPod but have never been very happy with the sound quality. It just doesn't compare to the sound of a hard wired connnection. I also have all the cables to get an audio line out of the iPod but I need a way of bringing it into the stock CD system. I wish Lincoln would have offered the onboard iPod docking station like BMW offers.
:L
Ken,
:C

KenRosier said:
Does anyone know if there is a clean way to get a hard wired connection for my 4th generation Apple iPod 40gig into my stock LS audio system. I'ts a stock '02 premium Alpine 6 disc changer. The one that says Alpine on the CD door.

I use the cassette adaptor in my other cars but I have no cassette in the LS. I also own the wireless FM transmitter for the iPod but have never been very happy with the sound quality. It just doesn't compare to the sound of a hard wired connnection. I also have all the cables to get an audio line out of the iPod but I need a way of bringing it into the stock CD system. I wish Lincoln would have offered the onboard iPod docking station like BMW offers.
Ken,
:C

sharperimage has a few new products to connect ur ipod.

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview/sku=MO601/catid=679321963/pcatid=4

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview/sku=BK701/catid=679321963/pcatid=4

PIE FRDN-AUX Auxiliary Input Converter

Has anyone installed the PIE FRDN-AUX Auxiliary Input Converter that adds standard RCA jacks to CD2 input on the Alpine. I'm wondering how this works in conjunction with the existing CD changer.

RE: RCA Jacks

I assume the stock radio does NOT have rca jacks but I've never removed it to take a look. That's that the PIE kit gives you. But looking at the PIE diagram it looks like it terminated to the multipin connector there the CD changer is cuttent connected so I'm wondering how the two would work together.

I did a search and didn't find a definitive answer (or at least that made sense to me). I want to hook my iPod up to my HU which is NOT the alpine HU. I already have a LOC hooked up to my rear speakers for my amps so i won't be splicing into that. Should I buy the aftermarket adapter that plugs into the connector on the back of the radio or should I look for a alpine radio on ebay? Am I correct in assuming that the factory alpine HU will work in my LS which doesn't have the premium sound? Any other suggestions? Sorry if this has already been posted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back