01 Town Car leaking water by passenger foot area

w0by

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix it? I've cleaned out the leaves and stuff, but if you put water on the windshield I can see somehow water is getting into the vent near the engine and dripping water into the passenger foot area. I've seen a ton of complaints about it, but no one really has said how to fix it yet.

im not sure if my car had the same problem, but everytime i would pick up the front passenger floor mat, there would be a huge damp spot. i took it to the dealer and they said it had soemthing to do with the condensation from the ac leaking into the car. they had to replace some gasket and it hasnt done it since.

w0by said:
Anyone know how to fix it? I've cleaned out the leaves and stuff, but if you put water on the windshield I can see somehow water is getting into the vent near the engine and dripping water into the passenger foot area. I've seen a ton of complaints about it, but no one really has said how to fix it yet.
i had teh same thing happen to my 98 and the gasket that goes between the air box and the body went bad i could actually put my fingers into the engine bay from inside the car.i was told the only way to fix it was to pull it out and replace thegasket,so i pulled out the gasket and got expanding foam and sprayed it around the gasket track.then when it dried i trimmed it down and its doing good so far

they said it was a tsb... so check wiht your dealership and find out...

Nakoa said:
they said it was a tsb... so check wiht your dealership and find out...

my dealership isnt familiar with this issue, but before i bring it in to be raped on a repair bill, anybody else have more detailed info?
thanx

98 towcanr Leaking water in passenger etc..

Hey.

I have a 1998 linc towncar and it is leaking water on the passenger floor and making a puddle in the back passenger. It just started doing it. I dont think its from the ac, because I havent used it in months.. I notice sometimes after it rains real hard. I checked all the seals, im not sure where its coming from.. Some one said something about the air box gasket, where the hell is that? I work on all my cars, and dont know where that is.. If someone has fixed this please let me know. Its starting to smell like damp dog in my linc.

Thanks, Matt

Matt98stinklinc said:
Hey.

I have a 1998 linc towncar and it is leaking water on the passenger floor and making a puddle in the back passenger. It just started doing it. I dont think its from the ac, because I havent used it in months.. I notice sometimes after it rains real hard. I checked all the seals, im not sure where its coming from.. Some one said something about the air box gasket, where the hell is that? I work on all my cars, and dont know where that is.. If someone has fixed this please let me know. Its starting to smell like damp dog in my linc.

Thanks, Matt
We found that if we replaced the trunk gasket, this problem was eliminated. It was a problem with our 95-97 TCs. For some reason, the trunk gaskets on these cars got chewed up much worse than the 98-06 models. The gasket I speak of is the one that goes on the lip of the trunk, and the deck lid closes against it. It generally costs about $ 55.00 for the seal, and don't forget to get a tube of adhesive as well.

Dick

Members online

Back