01' 6 cyl Ls overheat issue is now hydraulic fan failure...

AsFanDano114

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello - Does anyone know if the allen bolt that fastens the hydraulic fan pump pulley is regular or is it righty loosy not lefty loosy ?,, thought someone would knowand help,,,
I have full repair manaul but cant find info... Any help is much appreciated... before i cut it offf wiwith dremel...
ty Dano

Hello - Does anyone know if the allen bolt that fastens the hydraulic fan pump pulley is regular or is it righty loosy not lefty loosy ?,, thought someone would knowand help,,,
I have full repair manaul but cant find info... Any help is much appreciated... before i cut it offf wiwith dremel...
ty Dano
Why are you cutting it off? Are you sure it's not the actuator that needs to be cleaned out or replaced?

iM NOT SURE IF ACTUATOR WENT BAD.(ill test ist today but ) BUT THE WHOLE SYSTEM OF HYDRAULIC FAN SUCKS. ENGINEERED TO HAVE FAILURE POINTS AND 2 OF THEM iLL SHARE . that im sure of. sorry for yelling.
1- my fan just stopped and i didnt know so overheat -, i looked had red liquid coming from below(transmission fluid from pump... not transmission ....Hydrauliuc fan pump..which is the correctfluid...
2- when i bought car the front condenser and radiator were crimped up because some previous jack ass tried to raise car wioth floor jack. and missed cross member and fucked it up.
In process of purchasing and research ing cooling system, I stumbled across history of these systems and it made sense why the stopped making them... lucky me.. For what ever reason if you decide to do the same keep me informed or if you want to buy some cheap hydraulic parts and fan i havem all. good luck and stay healthy.
Dano

oh and I mean CUT OFF becuase the spindle machined on to the plastic hydraulic pump pulley is still stucck on the pump shaft and i need to unfasten the allen bolt that exist- therefore remove and reinstall a pully , samre size, which also has bearings so that it spins without purpose other than keeping serp belt route original. hope i helped.

Members online

No members online now.
Back