Power Door Locks Don't Work

96 mark viii

LVC Member
Reaction score
My power door locks don't work on either side. Neither the lock switch, the keyless entry, or the key fob works. The keyless entry turns on the interior lights and opens the trunk. The key fob turns on/off the interior lights and sounds the horn like it is arming the alarm yet the anti-theft light never actually arms(stays lit). I'm thinking the keyless entry module in the trunk is bad yet some of it's functions still work. Is that possible? Am I looking in the right place or should I be looking at the lock actuators in the doors? I just thought it weird that they both would be NG at the same time. I bought the car this way so I don't know if they stopped working at the same time. I would appreciate any help you could give. THANKS!

Alright, I found the problem if anyone else is having the same troubles I was. The keyless/remote entry module in the trunk is bad. I took it apart and found 4 burnt circuits on the circuit board.

Wow, thats an odd one. I know it happens, but I wonder what caused it. Dont forget to write down your new entry code!

And if your keypad is dim, worn out. Let me know, I have a new one if you are interested.

Members online

Back