Bout to sell it!!!

BLKDOUTLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've had my car almost a year now and so far I've had two Coils go bad or should I say THREE now because I went out of town today and it started missing like it did the other two times a coil died. Right after I bought it I noticed it shifted hard in and out of reverse and drive so I took it back and got a solenoid valve in the tranny replaced under a 90 day warranty as well as an upper intake oil leak! Last week I had to replace my DCCV! I've always loved LS's but never got one because all I ever heard was bad things about them and now that I finally bought one, I'm begining to wish I didn't as bad as I hate to say it. I've never had this many probs with any other car I've owned... Sooo anyone interested in buying it? 05 Lincoln LS V6, just rolled over 69k miles. Doesn't leak a drop of anything, rear end fluid replaced right when I got it, Only done one oil change on it since I've owned it with Mobil 1. Have stock wheels with brand new tires that I listed for sale on here that would go with the car... PM me offers and questions. Recent pics below.
IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

MyLS-1.jpg

Just change all of them while you are in there. That is what I just did with mine. Granted changing the coils on a V8 is easier, I just didnt want to go back in there and do it again. Just my .02

Jahman speaks the truth. Though , if you can't afford the price per coil/plug, maybe it's time to invest in a 1990 accord instead...

Not to pick on you but come on. A whopping 3 COPs and a DCCV and your offing the car. WOW! I avoided the cop thing when I bought mine I bought all 6 for 144. DONE

I'm sure I won't get rid of it just yet... Haha Probably will just replace all of them at once now.

Geezly! A used car that requires maintenance. Next thing you know, you might have to put air in a tire. Probably IS time to get rid of it.:rolleyes::)

KS

I say sell it while you're ahead. If 3 coils are making you run, you dont want to know what is next on the list.

The replacement for the LS will come with it's own problems too. It's not something you are gonna avoid. Just fix it and be done with it.

The LS is a luxury car, and with that come relatively high maintenance costs. Their affordability now doesn't mean owning them comes cheap. Just have a look at the European luxury sedans out of warranty - just as many problems with even higher repair costs.

Like others say, I would fix it and move on, unless some expensive parts go out. Good luck, those are some hot rims too.

Replacing the COP's on the V6 isn't all that bad. Took me almost 2 hours to do it and it was fun. Hope you change your mind:)

Low Ball... Add another Zero on there and we got a deal.

OK...... $1001.00. There's TWO zeros and a one!

I'm thinking that LS is a lemon (needing coils and all) and I will need the money I save to replace things like tires, shocks, PCV elbow, spark plugs, DCCV, etc.

Well he said he already did the DCCV so you could probably slide that 1 over for him, $1100.00. :p

hahaha... sell the car and buy some shoes and walk around.... don't get pissed off when you have to change the laces though.... :q:q:q:qing pussy can't handle a little work.

car runs great after

Normal maintenance stuff. After you repair it. The car runs great for another couple of years.

I had a coil go about 2-3 weeks after I picked up my '02 LSE in November. Didn't even bother taking it to the dealer because they would have probably just screwed around with it even if I had told them that I knew exactly which coil it was. With a great resource like LVC I'd much rather have an LS than a lot of other cars. Sure things go wrong with the LS but with this site, if you've done your reading, you can pretty much know what is going to go wrong with your car and about when. For example, my VCGs need changing sometime this summer and I'll probably put all new coils and plugs in right away while I'm at it, its at about 80k and its just that time!

Thanks for the mixed reviews, but of course after a couple nights of sleeping on it, I'm keeping it for now. Although some of your comments make me want to punch you in the face, thanks for the positive criticism. :D

But some comments were pretty funny :lol:

You might be new to the coils going out, but it's just like saying your car needs new tires, you're going to sell it. You should change all 8 if you are already doing 2 while you're in there and plugs, then you wont have another one go out in a week

Thanks for the mixed reviews, but of course after a couple nights of sleeping on it, I'm keeping it for now. Although some of your comments make me want to punch you in the face, thanks for the positive criticism. :D

its all loveee:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back