What kind of music gets played in your LS

I love rap and alot of other types of music.

Its far from just noise and whats on the radio is simply what is selling.

lots of stupid music out there and if you go back each generation hated the others music. lots of hate toward hippies in the 60's.

look up screamo....that stuff sucks.

FYI a lot of rappers have bachelors and associates degrees in other professions. Its not right to characterize a persons
intelligence because you dont appreciate the music they make.

Always nice to see the 'chirrins' havin' fun.

The problem is that 'rap' is simply belligerence bayin' at the moon. There is no recognizable music in it---just noise with a central core of big mouth. Recognize that it comes from such characters as 'Ludacris' who obviously doesn't even know what that misspelled word means.

I really expected that someone would champion Zappa doin' 'Dog's Breath in the Year of the Plague' or Iron Butterfly doin' 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida' but insisting that the only version worth listening to is the 'Long Form'.

There. Now I feel better!:D

KS

Wasn't In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida a mispelled, misinterpreted song anyways? I though the song was originally titled In the Garden of Eden, but the actual recording sounded like the jumbled nonsense in-a-gadda-da-vida.

Not saying that I disagree with rap being mostly junk, btw. Just playing devil's advocate.

Another new band I am playing a lot of is Katchafire from New Zealand. Who doesn't love some reggae?

YouTube - Katchafire - Sensimillia

YouTube - Katchafire "Collie Herb Man"

YouTube - Katchafire - Who you with Video

They were drunk and or possibly high and thats how it came out so they changed the name of the song.

I like bass so i like rap. I dont like all of it...lots of it i cant stand.

But i dont sit there and listen to the lyrics. A club banger is simple catchy and made for the club. A lot of
whats on the radio is what they play in clubs so people assume all rap is the same, simple with catchy beats and poor lyrics.

to me rap shines the most in the strip club :D

im a hip-hop head by heart but the last couple of years it has either totaly lost me or i have lost it. But I like all kinds of music & i catch my self listening to alot of rock lately.

I love rap and alot of other types of music.
Its far from just noise and whats on the radio is simply what is selling
FYI a lot of rappers have bachelors and associates degrees in other professions. Its not right to characterize a persons
intelligence because you dont appreciate the music they make.

Your right. My neighbor was reading some stuff online about how well educated Lil Jon, Pharrell, umm... Uhh ... Those are the only two I remember off the top of my head. But it was interesting, considering rap is fairly new in the music world. I prefer older rap compared to any of the new stuff they play on the radio. BTnH, Snoop, Tu Pac, Outkast, There's more. I listen to almost everything except Conway Twitty. I can't listen to him and take it seriously that people actually like his voice. I just picture him standing awkwardly and bobbing up and down, I crack up laughing every time. I grew up listening to Metallica, Beasty boys RHCP, The Doors , Led Zeppelin, Beatles. ZZ Top. By the way ZZ Top is awesome live ! So are the Rolling Stones , Tom Petty, Joe Walsh, the Doobie brothers. Ok ill stop. Seems I've gotten a little off topic.
:)

If all you know of rap is what gets played on radio and TV, it's easy to dismiss it. The real stuff is much different. It's kind of like deciding you don't like pizza based on what you have had at pizza hut. You need to taste a real slice made by the masters.

If all you know of rap is what gets played on radio and TV, it's easy to dismiss it. The real stuff is much different. It's kind of like deciding you don't like pizza based on what you have had at pizza hut. You need to taste a real slice made by the masters.

I like that comparison.. One slice of Outkast or J Dilla will get most people to change their minds about hip-hop.

I like to keep a variety of music in my Lincoln.. hip-hop cds, classic rock, r&b, deathrock.. but I mostly keep I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide, by ZZ Top, on repeat.

Always edifyin' to listen to they chirrens!:D

KS

(I've mostly been listening to Beethoven or Vivaldi with a little of Booker T, John Lee Hooker, Carlos Santana, and Muddy Waters thrown in. I Also have a complete recording of the last Easter Cantata I sang in. I lead the bass section.)

Last edited:
Tech N9ne, lil wayne, gotta have some t pain that fool can make any song better hes just got that wow factor hahaha

Ha tech n9ne, the first time I heard "In the trunk" it made me laugh. Gotta throw some Metallica into the mix too!

All time favorite artist is Lil Wayne and I listen to him 75% I'm in the car! I have all of his music way back to his first album with the hot boyz. Also a huge Godsmack fan. I like pretty much everything besides "emo girl pants, my parents hate me crap" and Country. No offense to the Country fans as I respect the musicians just not my style. Total offense to the emo girl pants my parents hate me sht because I can't stand music/people like that. Lol :)

Yeah that emo stuff is weird.

Im not much of a fan of wayne or the newer cash money stufff. old wayne and cashmoney, juvenile and BG stuff is badass though.

I also agree with the emo hatin people on here hahaha " my daddy hates me and my mother dosent care so im gonna cut my wrist and stuff but not my stupid hair" hahaha

but for lil wayne I like his newer stuff better cuz you really how much he has grown from his old :q:q:q:q dont get me wrong cant have the new wayne without the old one but he has got to be one of the best rappers nowadays

and come on no love for T. pain

Haha well I'm a Wayne fan So I'm a T-Wayne fan as well lol. And I agree with both opinions. But at the same time alot of his new mixtape stuff is amazing. Radio play is usually the worst. The Carter4 is expected to break records and sell more copies than any album ever released. I'm thinkin lil tunechi will live up to his expectations. Best rapper alive no doubt. He can take anyones beat anyones song and do it twice as good as their own stuff haha

And juvenile is badass, I'm an old Busta fan too. Man can tear it up! The new song with chris brown, busta, and wayne is awesome. I'm a Packer fan (Super bowl champs! Bear fans can suck it! lol) so obviously green & yellow gets played on a daily basis

Quicklist on the ipod for today:

deadma5 4x4=12
Brad Paisley 5th gear
Amon Amarth- With Oden on our side
Avenged Sevenfold-Nightmare
The Black Crowes-greatest hits
Sevendust-cold day memory
Duke Ellington and John Coltrane-in a sentimental mood
Pretty Lights-Filling up the city skies
Daladubz-Free sewage
Coheed and Cambria- Good Apollo---
Kanye West- My beautiful dark twisted fantasy
Audioslave- revelations
Street sweeper social club-self titled
House of heroes- suburba
UKFDubstep-self titled comp
Gwen Stacy-the life i know
five finger death punch- war is the answer

Best rapper alive....i dont think there is one.

Too many different styles to say one is better than the other.

Best fast rapper twista, best white rapper eminem...etc.

no such thing as a white rapper. I've never heard a "good" white rapper. Except for Denny Blaze.

Benefit, Vinnie Paz, the Beastie Boys, Mike Shinoda, Apathy,.. All good white rappers.. But I don't agree with classifying rappers by their race. Talent is talent, which is also the reason why I think Lil' Wayne isn't even close to being the best alive.

why not??

im not saying its bad.

im hispanic so im very well aware of race...just trying to make a point that all rap is not the same. just like theres chicano rap, theres mainstream rap, and theres hip-hop.

I'm hispanic and black.. so I take in a little bit of everything, including chicano rap haha.. But I mean white rappers don't have their own sub-genre of hip-hop so I wouldn't label them best white rapper. I'm not saying you're racist or anything.. to me it just seems to put a limit on them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back