02 Continental Woofer Upgrade Help

pokeeto2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Wow I never thought I'd have the chance to come back here with a Continental again. Anyways, I've recently purchased a 1 Owner 2002 Continental with Everything in perfect shape with 130k for $2900. The owner was a complete maniac at keeping this car in top shape.

I'v put up vids of my Conti on my YouTube channel, I'm as Intechdude300

Anyways, We all know the Two Stock Alpine/Audiophile Woofers on the Rear deck are pure trash & that the last decent woofers used were on the 98 Continental with Authentic JBL's.

I want to either upgrade the Woofers with something beefier but that requires dismantling the rear seat & the rear deck. I do Have a Boxed 10" JLAudio Woofer that will squeeze in perfectly in the back section of the Truck right under the rear deck.

My question is, How do I deliver full power to that single Woofer as these cars come with 2. Do I join the Positives & Negatives from both sides connect each pair to the proper connection on Boxed Woofer like so or what? I'm not looking into investing in any amps nor am I looking to shake my license plate LOL.... I just want clear Bass with minimal or no distortion..

Any Ideas??

Well...you could go to best buy and buy a gismo converter for $6.89 which gives you sub outs for the stock radio. Or yes, take the wires from the rear speakers and join the + and - to the woofer. The 2nd way is easier and took me about 10 minutes. How many watts on that sub? I had an old cheap kenwood 12 hooked up that way and it sounded great.

Well I Experimented & went ahead disconnecting both woofers. Then took some speaker wire a made like a bridge joining both pos & neg wires. From there I jumped over to box woofer. It actually sounds great, & acutally shakes the license plate LOL which wasnt my goal but it sure sounds world better than b4.

It's a JLAudio Woofer & didn't measure but it looks like 10-12 inches. I dont know the specs as I took it out of a car my dad bought for a client & I just couldn't let it go. Had it in my room connected to a Sony 120W Shelf stereo for 4 years. The Box takes up the whole section under the rear deck but it fits perfectly. I still have lots of truck space still have easy access to the spare tire.

In case of anything I'll keep your suggestion in mind & I may soon post a vid of it on my Youtube Intechdude300 channel

Members online

Back