Help, need advice

Reaction score
my car just recently started losing power when accelerating, ill press on the gas and it will hesitate, when i press down alittle more on the gas it makes this pounding sound, like a subwoofer, like boom, boom. the sound seems like maybe its coming from the exhaust, it sounds like someone bangs on the back of the car, its not constant, but about every 8 seconds after the car warms up as it idles, boom, boom. then when i was going up a hill it was doing the boom boom and didnt feel like it had alot of power, i had my uncle look at it and he didnt see anything leaking under the hood, plus we checked the spark plugs and they seem normal, no oil in the boots atleast, hope someone may have an idea what it could be, i use 93 octane and have replaced the fuel filter recently, im stumped, thanks

no no check engine light, i have another question, regarding the coils, can the springs on the inside of the boots burn away or something? on my passenger side, i have 4 coils, they arent all the same coils, 2 have a yellow sticker and the other 2 are all black, 2 of the coils seem to have longer springs inside the boots, like they extend to the end of the rubber boot, the other 2 springs go about half a inch up into the boot, im wondering if maybe the shorter springs could affect the spark, car is still bogging, especially when going up hill, thank you

Members online

No members online now.
Back