Deer question?

04lincolnls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think deer are able to hear bass? What I'm saying is if I have my radio up do you think it will decrease my chances of hitting one. When ever I go through this little stretch of road known for deer I always crank it up, and have had no ploblems yet. Knock on wood.

Actually the loud bass will confuse the deer. They won't be able to pin point the noise, where if you turned the radio off, then they could hear your car coming. Chances of you hitting a deer are not that high anyways. You are 10 times more likely to get into a car accident. Most deer are hit on city roads/high ways.

Low-frequency sounds are very non-directional, so, obnoxious or not, they probably won't work as deer repellent. People repellent, maybe, but not deer repellent. ;)

For the deer to hear your stereo as you are approaching, you would need it to be SO loud that it would do damage to your ear if you are inside the vehicle where it is being played. Even if you had a convertible. By the time you get close enough for the deer to hear the sound of your stereo, it already sees and hears your car coming. If anything, it would have the opposite intended effect anyways, confusing them and producing the deer in the headlights effect.

Go to walmart or a parts store, and pick up those deer warnings, they aint perfect, but they kinda work a little bit. Other than that, just do like I do, drive carefully and keep an eye out.

Chances of you hitting a deer are not that high anyways. You are 10 times more likely to get into a car accident. Most deer are hit on city roads/high ways.

Ever been to southern north dakota, northern south dakota or southern minnesota?

When I used to work on the farm, I'd see 4-5 of them every morning driving down the highway the 15 miles out there. I have only hit 4 personally in my life, but I have only been in 3 car accidents. Statistically speaking, nationally you are more likely to be in a car accident, but on local scales it can vary tremendously.

I play Chuck Norris on my radio and deer are dead before I even get on the road :-D

I have to watch out for deer all the time up here. A few years back, some chick was on her way to my house. In a span of 6 miles she hit 2 deer. I laughed my ass off when she told me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back