Had Enough

Prime

LVC Member
Reaction score
Bought my 02 LSE 4 years ago and i'm moving on, goin truck shopping starting tomorrow looking at a used F-150, or Ram 1500, So hopefully will be trading the LSE in, Any thoughts on which truck would be the best used...

Yeah im looking at 08 or newer, and yeah im tired of the LSE

I dont know wich truck is better, But I think Chysler/dodge dealers are hurting more than Ford so you should be able to get a better deal at a chysler dealer

I dont know wich truck is better, But I think Chysler/dodge dealers are hurting more than Ford so you should be able to get a better deal at a chysler dealer

Since the OP is looking for used, he doesn't have to buy from either. I'm sure a GM dealer would be just as happy to sell him a used Dodge or used Ford. The best deal (money wise) would likely come from a for-sell-by-owner in someone's front yard.

My vote is for the F-150, but I don't have recent experience with either.

I had an 03 F150 SuperCrew, I loved it, never had a single problem... should have kept it :(

HD F150 are nice, lightning too but it only has front seats.

F150 super crew, without a doubt. I thought I had heard that the Dodge trannys are junk and to avoid them, unless its the Allison (sp?)....

Blackwood if you can find one, those are the most amazing trucks that the ford team has ever put together

sold my 01 LS : rims2.jpg
for this:DSC01084.JPG
its an 05 fx4 supercrew. its a great truck and i have a blast driving it. the only thing that you need to do if your get a f150 in this body style is get and 06-up. the 5.4s have a bad cam phaser problem that will make your truck sound like a diesel and will eventually throw your timing off causing a huge mess. its about a $2000 fix to correct it. luckly i had a fuel injector crap out and destroyed my engine and they replaced it under recall. so i have a 05 truck with 200 miles on the engine. but they fixed it in 06. other then that its a great truck. that is the only major common problem that people seem to see with these trucks.

rims2.jpg

DSC01084.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back