Another New Member

TY_REEF

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a '93 Pearl White STS with 260000km's (about 160000 miles) on the engine - recently rebuilt by dealer. I love the car, its a huge upgrade from my past car - a Sunbird.

Anyways here's where I need help:

1. The SERVICE ENGINE light is stuck on.

2. Occasionaly the entire digital dash will switch to blank lines and the nothing will work. The AC will even turn on full blast and can't be turned off. This is Ontario - its still pretty damn cold out.

3. Any recommendations on new tires for stock 16" rims.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Service Light-Check the codes

I not sure on the 93 but on my 02 STS you can read off the codes and see what it is, you can also reset the computer codes to clear all the old codes that may be in memory, I will check my code list on the week end and see if it applies to 93 as well. 02 you can read right from the dash.

The dash sound like a bad connection or (hopfully not) a computer problem.

Tires? depend on your driving stye. I like Michlen (rain tires) in the summer because they are quiet and the handling is good (I do mostly highway) I may look for some low profile this spring, depends on $$

Any way Welcome and good luck with the STS
TY_REEF said:
I recently purchased a '93 Pearl White STS with 260000km's (about 160000 miles) on the engine - recently rebuilt by dealer. I love the car, its a huge upgrade from my past car - a Sunbird.

2. Occasionaly the entire digital dash will switch to blank lines and the nothing will work. The AC will even turn on full blast and can't be turned off. This is Ontario - its still pretty damn cold out.

Thanks.

Thankyou for the help. I will take a look at the computer codes.
And thanks for the welcome everyone.

TY_REEF said:

1) Is it "stuck on" or is there something wrong? Run a diagnostic. The dealer should (and needs) to turn it off otherwise.

2) No help from me, sorry

3) Vogues (Vogue Tyre Company)

Members online

No members online now.
Back