P0175 code - injectors?

2000LSMichael

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I put on a new EGR valve the day I changed my clockspring since I continue to have starting trouble with my '00 V8.

The P0442 Evap Leak code has gone away. However, this bank 2 code came up 2 times now.

I sent out the injectors last spring to have pressure checked to make sure they were not leaking off and also cleaned. However, they got lost by FedEx on the way back home and another set was sent.

I am now questioning that whole injector cleaning/testing process and wondering if I still have bad injectors. I need to pull the coils and see if the spark plugs are wet.

When the car finally starts, a puff of white smoke sometimes comes out the exhaust and/or it has a strong smell of gas.

My question is - for those of you who had this P0175, what did you do to correct the problem?

If you're over 100k miles, I'd take it to an exhaust shop and have the system pressure tested to see if the cats are clogging.

Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System??

Thanks for the advice - the previous owner, who I knew, had the blinking engine light. I changed the MAF sensor when I purchased it soon after and it went away. She had the starting problem as well. With that P0442 Evap leak, your theory on the cats would make sense.

Maybe it is just time to get that Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System. Aren't new cats included with that $700 price tag??

Ok - I understand now...

Guess next spring I will have the system checked after taking it out of storage and then go from there. With 100+, it is probably time to get it checked like you said. New and shiny cats and exhaust would look good under there anyways (and sound good too from what I hear).

Thanks again for the advice - anyone else has any input it would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.
Back