Misfire with no codes

Asim

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys,

2000 V6

I've changed 3 coils before so I know what that feels like. This feels less "snappy" than a straight miss and I have no codes. More of a stumble all the way up the rev band and only after the car hits operating temp. I changed the fuel filter a year ago.

Any help would be great.

Wow! Sounds like what mine started doing a couple of months ago. I just posted about this a few minutes ago because the car died on the freeway

I would still suspect plug or wire. i worked on an aurora with no codes but on the big scanner showed a million mis fires on cly 2. just a thought

Misfire will flash the CEL. Eventually you will get a misfire code for a specific cylinder. Can also throw codes even though no light is on so try pulling them anyway.

Only other way is to drive around with an engine diagnostic tool hooked up and see which cylinder isnt hitting in the proper firing order. That or test each individual coil pack

Guys,

2000 V6

I've changed 3 coils before so I know what that feels like. This feels less "snappy" than a straight miss and I have no codes. More of a stumble all the way up the rev band and only after the car hits operating temp. I changed the fuel filter a year ago.

Any help would be great.

I just got mine fixed from the same problem, it was the three coils on top, and the catalyc converter.

Members online

Back