Umnitza Orion V2 03+ 60 LED halos.

LsUnV2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
check out the umnitza site, im trying to get them to make us ls owners a set to work on our 03+ housings. The output is crazy. they will last longer and they are much brighter. They said they wont make them for us unless we can guarantee 200 units which i think is almost impossible but its worth a try.
with these they will always light up no matter how cold and there is no light box. i believe they wire right in to the parking light wire. also they are cheaper than the chromium. 119.00 check out the site here:

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=1198

You 2nd Gen guys are lucky. The only thing holding me back from getting some Halos installed is the shape of our first gen reflector bowls. You guys got round ones and these ones are flat along the top and bottom and the High Beam is flat in one corner.

Im not knocking anyone with Halos on first gens but I think do to that they look kind of sloppy.

I've been thinking about angel eyes since I first got my LS. Now that they've moved into LED territory, the multi colors from one set shouldn't be too far off. I'll buy some then.

Whats the appeal of halos? Not trying to be an ass, I just never understood it. I've seen people start putting a row of LED bulbs in their headlights to look like an Audi. I hope no one with halos takes the the wrong way but I think it's tacky because it's adding something synonymous to a certain brand of higher end car on well...a lesser brand of car. I dont mean this just for halos either, same goes for the Audi LEDs. Or even those idiots who mold a Corvette rear end on a Honda or a Hummer body kit on a Wrangler.

Not trying to be a jerk, I just dont understand the appeal of them....

I see where you are forming your opinion. I guess when I see it, I don't automatically think BMW. You do.

It can be taken to extremes (even to the point of someone adding factory badges from another make of vehicle onto their ride), but I don't think angel eyes fit into that extreme (and tacky) category. This is more taking a styling cue from a basic design standpoint. Not "trying to make it look like a BMW."

If I wanted a BMW, I'd buy a 5 series.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

you guys are missing the point. im tired of rings going out every 7 months or so, these will last a lot longer but need some interest for them to make umnitza make these

No, no, I see your point, but I have a gen 1 that can use an existing BMW sized rings.

jwerner I take offense to that statement.... J/k

Check mine out, they don't look sloppy at all. It all depends on who does it, I'll do your and you will like em....:)

You really did do a good job on yours but its just the gaps around the Halos and all with the shape of our reflector bowls. I cant really see it much on yours though, maybe I will have you do mine someday. I come up to Manhattan often.

I am game for a set. I have Ray's headlights in my car and one of the high beam halos burned out. So I am ready to do the change to LED's. I have unpluged the other High beam halo for now so it looks more the same side to side.

i talked to ken about it and he never got back to me prob because he got the same answer i got. ILL BUY 4 SETS but that is 196 sets to go !!!!!! ill email ken and see if he will buy them .........hope.....wish

You really did do a good job on yours but its just the gaps around the Halos and all with the shape of our reflector bowls. I cant really see it much on yours though, maybe I will have you do mine someday. I come up to Manhattan often.

Yeah i know what you are saying, the gap at the top is annoying. But i have seem some beemers with that gap also, some of the rings dont go all the way around. I think i would like the LED's also, as long as they look good i guess.

I never really seen that honestly. Most Beamers have round headlights.

I dont know about the LED's. Arent they the original Halos for non OEM app's? Didnt they come out with CCFL's after as an improvement since you dont really see the LED's during he day?

They said they wont make them for us unless we can guarantee 200 units which i think is almost impossible but its worth a try.

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=1198

Wow I just realized, you do know that the CCFL's from Umnitza aren't technically specifically for the LS. I dont know why they would say that. Like I said the reflector is nor round so they really cant make ones for the LS specifically. One of the BMW's on the list is what is used for the LS I just forget which ones. For us 1st Geners anyway.

IMO the output from the Orion II's are fuzzy and produce to much noise.

Group buy.

go to the site and watch the vid. they are way more visible during the day vs the ccfl. i talked to ken and he reccomended a group buy. i read all of the reviews from people who already have them and they are all good. In some pictures it seems as if u can see the individual LEDS but one buyer mentioned it was not visible in person but only in the pics.

price for these seem to be 119.00 as listed on their site so any one interested just post here and post how many sets you want. not sure if they will make more for us so i recommend 2 sets.

e46m3orion2vschromium.sized.jpg

IMO The Chromium looks way better! OEM! The Orion is just noisy and distorted which will look even worst at a distance.

If you ever see the imports like Integras and all that have these and they look fuzzy its cause they are running the LED halo's. This is a new version of the LEDs how ever like I said. The BMW's started with the CCFL and others knocked that look off with LED then eventually went to CCFL. This is in no way better than CCFL, it is just a revision of the LED for people that dont want to spend the extra cash. Brights good, but to bright just makes noise distortion.

And again, why wait for a group buy when all they will be doing is exactly what they do now?. Send you a set for a BMW.:)

e46m3orion2vschromium.sized.jpg

IMO The Chromium looks way better! OEM! The Orion is just noisy and distorted which will look even worst at a distance.

If you ever see the imports like Integras and all that have these and they look fuzzy its cause they are running the LED halo's. This is a new version of the LEDs how ever like I said. The BMW's started with the CCFL and others knocked that look off with LED then eventually went to CCFL. This is in no way better than CCFL, it is just a revision of the LED for people that dont want to spend the extra cash. Brights good, but to bright just makes noise distortion.

And again, why wait for a group buy when all they will be doing is exactly what they do now?. Send you a set for a BMW.:)

the point is they are not makeing sets that fit our car. they are just making one size i believe, and as i explained before about the pics its a trick of the light. i have only heard good things. these leds are not visible when off like the first knock off versions were. Umnitza is top of the line IMO. for a hundred bucks why not try it?

I dont think you understand. They advertise for our car in other sets. But, it has been said that those sets are actually for BMW's so they never made anything specifically for our car. Now if it is the X5 that they ship out when purchasing 2nd Gen Angel Eyes they may just send out the BMW X5 Orions.

They never honestly did make ones for our car from what has been said.

Now, if they dont have Orions for X5's as of yet maybe you can talk them into making them for the 2nd Gen specifically but if they do make them for the X5 count on history repeating itself.:) And if you dont get a group buy together by then maybe you can pick up a set for the X5 OR just pick up a set for the X5 now and be done.

Umnitza is a great company, probably the best for this type of stuff.

And actually the second pic is the altered pic. The exposure has been reduced and you can tell by looking into the background but dont count on them looking like that.

It comes down to personal preference like I said, maybe they are better and brighter, I never honestly heard of LEDs out competing CCFL's but to me they look to blurry/distorted.:)

Orical ( sp? ) is the next company to be on the look out for. They have been growing more and more popular so......... they must also be doing something right.;)

I dont think you understand. They advertise for our car in other sets. But, it has been said that those sets are actually for BMW's so they never made anything specifically for our car. Now if it is the X5 that they ship out when purchasing 2nd Gen Angel Eyes they may just send out the BMW X5 Orions.

They never honestly did make ones for our car from what has been said.

Now, if they dont have Orions for X5's as of yet maybe you can talk them into making them for the 2nd Gen specifically but if they do make them for the X5 count on history repeating itself.:) And if you dont get a group buy together by then maybe you can pick up a set for the X5 OR just pick up a set for the X5 now and be done.

Umnitza is a great company, probably the best for this type of stuff.

And actually the second pic is the altered pic. The exposure has been reduced and you can tell by looking into the background but dont count on them looking like that.

It comes down to personal preference like I said, maybe they are better and brighter, I never honestly heard of LEDs out competing CCFL's but to me they look to blurry/distorted.:)

Orical ( sp? ) is the next company to be on the look out for. They have been growing more and more popular so......... they must also be doing something right.;)

No u dont understand,lol they arent making them even for the x5 either. they wont be making them for anything else until months and months down the road. i personally am sick of changing rings. they are not that reliable IMO. i didnt think alot of people would join in but i had to try

click on that link again. The first vehicle listed is the X5;)

i personally am sick of changing rings.

Thats understandable. CCFL's are like 50/50 with this application. I have some CCFL's in non car oriented crap that have lasted me forever!

click on that link again. The first vehicle listed is the X5;)

Thats understandable. CCFL's are like 50/50 with this application. I have some CCFL's in non car oriented crap that have lasted me forever!

from what umnitza has told me there is not a kit that they are currently making that will fit our cars. the problem is the different sized rings. i believe the high beam side size is what they have going now that fits most BMW apps. the large ring is the problem and being that there is not a large market they are not willing to stop production on what they are doing to make for us special. eventually they will catch up and start to make the different sizes but i am a NOW kinda guy and dont like to wait. As stated before if we could get the 200 units then they would. But dont look like that will happen. but we will see

If what NYC says is correct the X5 High Beams fit gen 2 lows and the X5 Lows fit the highs.

X5.sized.jpg

So now seeing that you are a NOW kind of guy, measure the bowls and ask Umnitza what size the X5 rings are.

If what NYC says is correct the X5 High Beams fit gen 2 lows and the X5 Lows fit the highs.

X5.sized.jpg

So now seeing that you are a NOW kind of guy, measure the bowls and ask Umnitza what size the X5 rings are.

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if this is true how stupid are they?????? i will email them..thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back