Oxygen Sensors

345 DeSoto

LVC Member
Reaction score
How many oxygen sensors on a 93 Mark VIII? If there are more than one, do they both plug into one plug, and where is/are the sensor(s) located?...

Some 93's had the sensors closer to the engine, right before the cats.

really??.. lucky bastards.. that must be much easier to get to than that pesky concobulator device.. i can never get my hand in there

How many oxygen sensors on a 93 Mark VIII? If there are more than one, do they both plug into one plug, and where is/are the sensor(s) located?...

there are two, one before each at. They each have a seperate plug. Go to autozone and get the 02 removal tool, get a hammer and crack em to get em out. The plug connector on the drivers side is a pain to connect IIRC (if i recall correctly)

The reason I ask is because I found some new ones, with plugs, for $25 apiece. I'm getting everything together for this engine and management system, and I know I'll be needing them...Thanks, guys...:D

What brand are they?

For $26 new leaving the old factory ones in would probably be a better choice lol...

My old 93 had two o2 sensors before the cats, have fun changing those. lol

FYI there are two types, heated (four wire) and none (two wire). The pre-cat use four wire. 96 on up use these also but then have the "two wire" for after the cats although I am pretty sure they come with four wire, its not needed. Or something like that.

Just for $26 I would not touch them, Bosch all the way....

The reason I ask is because I found some new ones, with plugs, for $25 apiece. I'm getting everything together for this engine and management system, and I know I'll be needing them...Thanks, guys...:D

Yah, Max should be able to get you new FORD ones for about $50 apiece (compared to $75ish at most parts stores for an aftermarket one).

For the extra $48 you probably want to make sure it's either Motorcraft or Bosch going on there. It's a job you won't want to repeat.

Members online

Back