knocking from trans.

pdzcallday

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am getting a knocking noise from the trans. any idea on what this is?
The only thing I could think of is low on fluid but I am not leaking any anywhere so I am kinda lost any help would be great.

2000 LS
V6 3.0
118,000 miles on it

When does this happen? Engine speed, road conditions, bumps etc?

Could be a loose mount or something as simple as a component on the underside of your car that is loose. Like, muffler mounts, sound dampers, control bars, Fuel tank straps etc. Lots of things go thump if they are loose and many thump the floor making you think it is the tranny.

Whenever I get under the car, I crawl around and shake and grab everything I can. You would be surprised at how often you will find something loose and in need of tightening.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

Well I have done all of that. Lifted the car up and ran it. The sound is coming from the trans pan. not 100% sure what it could be. I was going tom try to change the fluid but not sure at what I am doing there..

As far as the sound go.. It will do it after the car runnign for like 10 seconds. The as soon as I press on the gas and the rpms start to go up the knocking goes up. then at about 3000 rpms mabe more the sounds goes away. once the car stops it comes back. if I just put the car in park and stomp on the gas it will go away and then come back again. I am lost

Well I have done all of that. Lifted the car up and ran it. The sound is coming from the trans pan. not 100% sure what it could be. I was going tom try to change the fluid but not sure at what I am doing there..

As far as the sound go.. It will do it after the car runnign for like 10 seconds. The as soon as I press on the gas and the rpms start to go up the knocking goes up. then at about 3000 rpms mabe more the sounds goes away. once the car stops it comes back. if I just put the car in park and stomp on the gas it will go away and then come back again. I am lost

Ever resolve this issue?

Members online

No members online now.
Back