knuckle replacement advice

bb58926

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was told by the stealership that I need both right and left knuckles replaced and gave me a part # of 4W4Z3K185BA and 186BA, please give me advice on the most affordable yet reliable way to get these replaced outside of the stealership. :mad: , they quoted $1100

Definitely think about doing this yourself. You will save money in the end, or at least see how much just the labor is at the dealership if you provide the parts.

Remember that a dealership will charge you full price for parts when it is serviced. Some dealerships may give you a "fleet" price, but the sponsors to the right can beat their price as my experience has been.

One issue may be getting the hub removed from the knuckle. This was a serious problem with my '00 LS V-8 with 102,000 on it. I had to end up replacing the hub/sensor assembly because the aluminum from the knuckle and the steel from the hub fused together (there was a recent post on this).

Hi BB
I cannot tell what year make and model car you have from your profile....
If you get me your complete vin number I can quote you exactly the parts you need.
Thanks GC for the referral!!
What 2000 said is so true
Max

agreed! The ball joints are press fit in. Some mechanics wont touch them, but some parts stores will. Really a roll of the dice. Ball joints typically cost 80 a pop to get fixed so on an iroc for example. But because it is so much easier (and makes them more money) lincoln/ford shops replace the whole knuckle. Thanks to so some hook ups, I got mine done for about 100 plus a six pack.

Members online

No members online now.
Back