Rust-Free Rotors. Such a thing?

nightriddah

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Question fellas, are there any brand of rotors that won't ever rust?
Any product out there that can dissolve minor rust from rotors that
can be used without removing the tire/rotor itself (such as a spray).
Appreciate the advice............

Carbon-Ceramic or Ceramic rotors, $30K+.

You can get zinc coated rotors but zinc wears off where the pad meets the rotor and will rust; rust wears off with a touch of the brakes.

Even here in the desert my rotors start to oxidize within one hour after washing car.

I would be hesitant to use any spray on product on the rotors and pads surface.

WD-40----just kidding.

You can paint them, But you can never stop the braking surface from rusting. Bare steel exposed to open air = rust. LSKoncepts has a set of rotors listed that are coated in Cobalt or something like that, but they're $95 EACH. Powerslot makes them I think.

yea it's annoying that i paid good money for slotted rusty rotors :-x

gotta live with it.

No way around it. Just wash the car good and tear around till it dries and wears what ever rust off. then spray some brake cleaner/dust remover and tear around some more. After a while you get used to it and realize its a endless battle.

No way around it. Just wash the car good and tear around till it dries and wears what ever rust off. then spray some brake cleaner/dust remover and tear around some more. After a while you get used to it and realize its a endless battle.

LMAO!

when I park mine for show I dont have issues..... mine are painted and the brake surface so long as they are dry before, stay clean when you use the brakes.

I know I learned to. Im allways scared of it messing up the wheels though.

How long do you plan to keep your car? Most keep the LS for a few short years then sell it or trade in for something better. Then it's someone else's problem if the wheels get screwed up. :cool:

Honestly though, take the wheels off every now and then and just clean off the rust on the rotor and rub a small amount of Vaseline on the mating surface between the wheel and the rotor and you'll never have to worry about it.

Or you can get the rotor hats powder coated and not have to worry about rust. Nothing you can do about the part of the rotor that meets the brake pads, though. As has been said, one or two stops and it's gone.

How long do you plan to keep your car? Most keep the LS for a few short years then sell it or trade in for something better. Then it's someone else's problem if the wheels get screwed up. :cool:

Honestly though, take the wheels off every now and then and just clean off the rust on the rotor and rub a small amount of Vaseline on the mating surface between the wheel and the rotor and you'll never have to worry about it.

:D Forever, just like NYC once said, its not even worth the time trying to sell it.

Seriously I do just live with it and make susre I take better care of things just as a good measure ( wheels,..etc,..etc )

Members online

No members online now.
Back