Exhaust tips installed

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had these exhaust tips installed today.

The install was pain in the ass, the poor guy who was installing them for me probably got sooo tired of me that I don't know what... I was telling a little left, right, higher, lower and like that for about 6 hours...

It came out pretty cool. I asked him to cut the bumper too a little bit because with only black valance cut it looks too low for my liking.

No sounds, but I think I am gonna buy an exhaust system or do something.

Anyways, here are the pictures.

DSC04780.jpg

DSC04784.jpg

DSC04787.jpg

DSC04786.jpg

Very nice!!! You cut yours in higher than I did, I just cut into the black lower valance as I was not sure if I cut all the way through it ,if it would need additional support. Nice getting them high, cause with me car lower they het sometimes if a drive is steep I am coming out of.

That looks :q:q:q:q. Did you have to cut your bumper like that to come straight off the exhaust? I just bought 2 sets of these tips and can't wait to get them on hopefully this wweekend. I am in the process of painting the calipers and making stainless steel brake lines. The LSE ground affects are going in today too.

That is SWEET!
I really dig the staggered quad look and putting them up high really make a big difference.
You da Man, Artur.

Thanks people.

He had to change the mounting points of the exhaust at the resonators, he moved em up about an inch or two and a little to the side. Lot of hustle man... Looks real nice and clean in person though.

My only complaint is that we replaced the mufflers with straight pipes. I was hoping to add some growl, but instead, the car sounds the same, just when I push to the floor I get this trashy sound,. Magnaflows have to go on.

Hyelife, those look awesome. Well done!

I just got some magnaflows with 3.5" stainless tips (thanks camthman)

Do you guys think that's too big to only cut the lower valance? I've never done tips before, and the guy I'm having do them will not cut the lower valance or bumper for me. I have a 2000 V8, so there are no factory cutouts.

Sorry to threadjack, but wanted a little advice before installing them on wednesday.

That ride just keeps gettin better and better. Nice job.

Hylife, That is great! Can't wait to see it in person.

I hate you.

LOL

I like it. They look to be really close to the corners of the car. Did you do that b/c they are "staggered"?. I wish there were shops like that here in Chattanooga, all of them here would not work with a customer like that.

LOL

I like it. They look to be really close to the corners of the car. Did you do that b/c they are "staggered"?. I wish there were shops like that here in Chattanooga, all of them here would not work with a customer like that.

Actually thats where the exhaust ends, that's where we put em. I would like them to be closer like on the M5 but that would be a lot of work. The guy who did em, he did em at his house. He had a shop before but then he sold it. Now he makes custom bumpers and fenders for some Benzes and some other stuff.

Actually thats where the exhaust ends, that's where we put em. I would like them to be closer like on the M5 but that would be a lot of work. The guy who did em, he did em at his house. He had a shop before but then he sold it. Now he makes custom bumpers and fenders for some Benzes and some other stuff.

It shows in his work. I like it. Speaking of custom benzes look at this Its a little of the wild side but I like it. be sure to click on "Shark II" http://www.asma-design.de/v2/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Looks great!! I will be installing mine this week i hope...Damn college doesnt let me do nothing

Members online

No members online now.
Back