thoughts on a paint job?

MMAFIGHTER121

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
now this is dream thinking for me seeing as i can't even afford an intake right now... BUT
does anyone else think a lowered LS with black rims would look good in flat black? (matte)
I saw the new brabus and a few other luxury rollers all anti-blinged out and despite how quick it seems to catch on with ricers who primer their hoods and call their civic a drift car.. i really think a matte LS would be smooooooth.
just lookin for thoughts opinions... and if anyone out there is a painter -- estimates! cuz my car has a few strange fades and scratches on it... i think it was in an accident before i bought it (don't yell at me for not carfaxing it it still runs like a dream and was a deal at 6500 with only 65k miles on it) but its paint definately needs some touch up work done, but if i had the funds in the future for a repaint its definately a scheme i'd be interested in (after purchasing all possible performance upgrades of course)

It might look good to some. I personally think the classy car like the LS needs to be as shiny and as black as possible. Which reminds me that I need to go to painscratch.net so I can fix up my paint and finally get a good wax on it. Or whatever that website is.

I always thought like a flat black, or something of that nature with some black wheels would look super smooth. That was my plan until I sold my LS.

like this?

Ferrari-575-GTC-Evoluzione-2005-FA-1024x768.jpg

i think for it to be a rat rod its gotta have mroe rust and be missing body panels... and stuff.

those are some pretty wide shoes on that second one... of course I'm talking about the rears, and not the optical illusion of the passenger front.

off topic:
lincoln mark VII rat rod!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2556070
that'll throw those mark bling boys into fits...
those are some pretty wide shoes on that second one... of course I'm talking about the rears, and not the optical illusion of the passenger front.

ha! i just noticed that too... looks like the front pass could be on the rears of a drag car... its the new brabus. its needs those wide shoes.... bi turbo v12... http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Brabus/2008/Bullit_Black_Arrow/ the engine puts out 950 or so ft/lbs but they had to limit the torque to like 811 so the car doesn't turn itself into a pretzel
on topic:
hm.. seems like a good response any ideas on... how to do it or how much it'd run? i'm an under the car guy... painting and such is all mystic arts to me...

How do you care for paint like that? I'm guessing you can't wax and polish it?

doin research... apparently if you do it the cheap way, no you can't. you basically black primer... and thats it. but thats prone absorbing water, to rust, unwashability, can't drive in any weather, oil spots, etc etc
what they do now if you have it done right is they've come out with a bunch of different matte or flat clearcoats to put on so that you can treat it just like car paint should be able to be, but still look flat. -- so i guess i have in turn answered my own question about paint job price. probably the same as a standard black paint job.
please don't say murdered out.... lol

Not sure about it, not really my thing. I like a nice shiny black car. It makes me happy to use it as a mirror. :D But I can't say it wouldn't look good. I say if you want it go for it, it would look very stealthy that's for sure.

well - my brother in law got a full size industrial air compressor in his garage during the summer since then he's been goin wild with custom work on his jeep and his friends goat... so.. when money and sun comes around we'll see if i can go for it.

well i won say amazin but it looks ok but the 300 is a more aggressive looking car than the ls so thats why it looks good, i say no to this one.

I was thinking about this and thought that some of the new chargers and Porsches have racing stripes taht are done in a black matte finish. I would think they dont have problems with weather or washing them. I would look into that.

Personally I like the look on some cars, but I don't think the LS would look good with it without major modifications. The kinds of cars that usually have a semigloss or matte finish usually have a lot of sharp curves, ducts, and vents incorporated into the body scheme. You'd need at least a body kit and a set of most likely expensive wheels to make it look right.

doin research... apparently if you do it the cheap way, no you can't. you basically black primer... and thats it. but thats prone absorbing water, to rust, unwashability, can't drive in any weather, oil spots, etc etc
what they do now if you have it done right is they've come out with a bunch of different matte or flat clearcoats to put on so that you can treat it just like car paint should be able to be, but still look flat. -- so i guess i have in turn answered my own question about paint job price. probably the same as a standard black paint job.
please don't say murdered out.... lol

That is the proper term for the look you want.....:D

no... i like stealthy and mean.
murdered is a bit further than what i would go for. murdered look like drive by vans.
5ylxil3.gif

case in point.

Members online

Back