tinted tails...

97stscaddy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anybody here with a Silver LS have tinted tails? I wanna see how it would look. An 00 -02 model would be nice, but any silver LS should suffice. Pics? Thanks

best looking tinted tails

black, sorry. anyways, this looks to be the best tail tint job i have ever seen on an LS. nvm its neither silver or a 00-02

sexy rear end of an LS.JPG

Last edited:
You have 2 options. One is to paint it with spray on clear plastic tint just like spray paint, and the other is to get the sheets that you stick on,... like a decal basically. IMO, when you go that dark it looks like crap but a light smoke like the lenses that LSK used to sell can be nice!:)

I know the advertisements are 'appears black until lit, then the red shows thru' but... For those that have it, is it really still visible?

I only had one shot with the spray and I didn't like it at all. It was still to dark to see from a slight distance and in PA, I forget exactly how far away it must be visible, but it was dark enough not to pass inspections and all.

The GM W-body and H-body (that is Grand Prix, Regal, Intrique and Bonneville, Park Ave, LeSabre) love the Nightshades spray on stuff. I've never used it but if you have the time and patience, you can paint it on and then colour sand it to a high gloss, applying as many coats as needed to get the darkness you desire. Honestly the biggest annoyance about the tail end of my LS, other than the cracked chrome piece, is that I can see the turnsignal bulbs. I think a reason why the Nightshades hasn't caught on here is the ribbed surface of the first Gen taillight assemblies. It makes it hard to paint and sand without devoting a lot of time to the project. Considering of the approximately 6-8 LSes I see daily here in Nashville maybe 1 of them is a 2nd Gen like mine and I"ve only seen another Dark Green one once in Cleveland on HRPT07 when I was driving my Riv and it was a 2002.

Reason I ask is because i have a few cans of "Tint" color plastic model spray paint left over from when I did this on my old Cadillac. And I kinda wanna try it on the LS, but I'm unsure of how it would look.

Here's the caddy... (I LOVE this pic)
122_2281.png

I only did 2 coats on that and I could still see the lights very well during the day, except when they were in direct sunlight. But I knew people could always see when I put on the brakes because of the LED 3rd brake light bar. THAT thing was bright! :p

No silver LS at Jonstintedtails. There's a dark gray one that looks pretty good, that's tinted about as dark as I would want mine to be.

there is a 00-02 on jons tinted tails site, its under the custom gallery. with the japanese 2 tone tails and only the red portion is tinted.

tn_med_lincolnls1.jpg

I think its s bad picture, and something looks "off" about those lights on the trunk.

I have the outter two-tones and I would like to tint my lights too,

I know why they look off:D . The inner lights have no bulbs so the contrast may sometimes in the right lighting look off. Personally I would have tinted the upper half on the light side and did the bottom even lighter if at all. I do like that!

Even though the trunk lights are bigger I like the 2000-2002 rear so much more.

SilverLS, can I make a suggestion to play with. Well first I'll ask if you have the 2000-2002 inner lights? If so I would say that it would look nice with the upper clear lenses tinted only and the all red inners and the lower red half of the outers left alone.

Just a thought.

Look at my cardomain page i have the tails as dark as you can go. I went back to the stock red cause it matches my emblems and calipers but the dark tails look good 2

I think ill go ahead and give this a shot. What I've seen looks pretty good, even though most of them are a little darker than what I was looking for.

It's to bad that pic is so washed out.
Thanks for the help guys!

I dont have the inner lights I just have the outter cant see spending $300+ for the inner lights when I think I paid 40 for the outer, but post some pics of them tinted I will do it when I have some free time working 7 days a week right now so little time to even wash the LS (but i did even though it rains everyday now)

I wish it would rain every day here! Seriously, we're over 13" short on rainfall this year, and its been over a month since we've seen anything more than a sprinkle here or there. My front yard is crunchy... and not the frozen kind of crunchy.
We've had mandatory water conservation restrictions in place for 2 months now, which means no washing the car. But for some reason they can still water the grass in Scott Stadium. And they can water the 2 dozen or so soccer and baseball fields that are scattered around the area.
I haven't washed my car in over a month. I think I'm gonna have to drive a couple hours and find a DIY car wash this week. :(

Ouch I would love to send it your way I hate it, I cant stand a dirty car and even more I hate washing it then it raining (mostly minutes ) hours later, But after this crazy 21 day work week I will hopefully have some new toys to play with (more speakers amps and maybe new front bumper cover I will find time to add the taillights and wax and take some pics.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back