Air ride or coils?

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
Well, it's official for me.

I drove Mike's (94m5) car yesterday, and the coils make that car nimble. About as nimble as the air ride with all the suspension work on my 98.

But I'm still going to be an air ride supoprter, as the coils just don't compare to it on the highway.

So, it's a matter of what you want. Cornering, (Get a friggin Vette then), go with coils. A nice ride? Go with air. Cornering and a nice ride? Spend 1200 on your suspension, and get the best of both.

Nice...

Besides sway bars and bushings, what else have you done to your suspension?

I plan on keeping my air ride... I mean thats why I bought the damn thing!

Ahh I see

Thanks!

I know I will be picking your brain when I am knee deep in the build of my car

So how much of a difference in handling would there be between a normal driving height air ride Mark VIII and one with a module 8 or similar on a low setting?

Is the Peterbilt leaf spring thing a joke, or have you seriously found some sort of trick way of increasing the front spring rate using leaf springs? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I've seen people make real effective mods using stranger stuff. :)

ITS A LINCOLN!!! Who buys that for handling... wacky wacky people

When the air ride starts to cost more than buying the car go to Springs...

I like my springs... they work fine. I still have one Mark on air... I enjoy the nice plush ride, but when it start to cost me more money it's getting springs too.

So if engine repair costs too much, drop in a used SOHC cause its cheaper?

When the air ride starts to cost more than buying the car go to Springs...

I like my springs... they work fine. I still have one Mark on air... I enjoy the nice plush ride, but when it start to cost me more money it's getting springs too.

having both styles,how much do they really differ ride and handling wise?

Supercharged 5.4 block...

LOL!

Come on guys... one of the greates feature of this LUXURY Sport coupe is the awesomely smooth ride...

Why would you want to change that!

Members online

No members online now.
Back