Strange front end noises

dtangerini

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000ls sport with 9500 miles. It has a prounounced clicking or knocking sound coming from the front end. It speeds up as I accelerate, and goes away when I tap the brakes, my mechanic can't identify it. I am sure it's not the engine. Any ideas?
Dave T.

I would start with the ball joints. They are a common issue with our year. Im dealing with mine now. Make sure they really check them good. If not that then go with stabalizer links, i've gone that route as well. Then struts, i've also replaced those. Just a couple ideas.

+1 on the ball joints.. especially if the clunks happen when going over a speed bump, etc..

I agreed, just had mine replaced, can hear the thunking sound going over road with cracks.. Definately feels a lot more controlled now. Not sure but i think they replaced the hole stabalizer with bushings. but can't recall right off hand

Thanks gugs, I have had the ball joinst and struts replaced already. The thing is, it is a constant ticking noise. Could it be a brake issue?

Tire rod ends. Changes mine as well as the sway bar busings. Could not believe the difference, Best 200 bucks I've spent.

Asim

have them look at your brake rotors. mine made that noise and after replacing the ball joints it still did it. on the 2nd look they noticed i had warped rotors. after replacing those the noise stopped. with that...does anyone know how the hell rotors warp and how do i prevent that from happening?

Members online

Back