Steering problem?

dblackhawk

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just changed my air springs...was QUITE easy. I then found out I had a bad inner tie rod, the car seemed to be moving or "weavind" slightly, side to side...had that changed professionally.
Here's the problem: Tires are good, no wiggle in the wheel, when they changed the tie rod, he said the others were solid but the rack (i.e. rack and pinion) was beginning to leak (heck, I didn't even know it had fluid in it!). When I changesd the air springs, I checked by wiggling the wheel side to side (that's how I found the bad tie rod). Trying to wiggle the wheel from top to bottom indicates bad wheel bearings (or so I'm told). There was no slack in the wheels that way.
I still have the loose steering. It feels as though gusts of wind are blowing the sides of the car just trying to push the car. The front wheels or tires make a humming sound when going around turns too. (Hey, I'm only 52, so don't say it's my driving.) It's not drastic, but it IS annoying. Anyone have a clue to what might be causing it.
THANKS !!!:waving:

They're about 8 months old, very good shape yet. You think it might be something as simple as the tires? Might it be that I never have much air coming out of the new air springs (they pretty much stay full all the time for some reason). Could it be riding too high? It wasn't doing that before I changed the shot air springs.

How many miles are on the car? If it's up there, the rack might be getting worn out. What does your rag joint look like? It's a rubber donut on the steering shaft.

check your sway bar bushings, i have sorta the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.
Back