03-06 LS Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust Systems

G

GrayGhost1

I just got an update from my Magnaflow rep that the 03-06 Lincoln LS cat-back exhaust system will be available in January 2007. Pricing has not been set but it is expected to be in the MSRP $700 range. I'm going to try and get special pricing for the first release of these units. That part number is 16678. They will release the dyno information once the systems are available for sale. This is good news for the later model LS owners!

Ken,
Sign me up! I want to be first in line. And I will buy.

Same here, I will send money ASAP, Id rather have a all stainless system than the 1/2 stainless one I have now.

Hasn't there been a buzz around how the new exhaust didn't help but +5hp? Or am I missing something?

NickLS said:
Hasn't there been a buzz around how the new exhaust didn't help but +5hp? Or am I missing something?
That was the first prototype (on Tonymans car).

They are claiming a redesign helped (maybe 10 or 15 HP). I am thinking it will also be more beneficial now that we can tune with the SCT (the prototype was made before that).

Reports that I am getting from Magna Flow show gain in the 11 to 16 range and 10-15 in torque.

how does the +'03 exhaust that they've redesign differ from the 00-02 exhaust from magnaflow?

Don't really know until the final unit comes out. However, I heard that Magnaflow indicated a 19 HP gain on the dyno but will adversitse around the 12-15 HP gain. That is quite a bit more from the first prototypes of around 5 HP or so. I guess they found a way to squeeze more out of it.

hmmm... since putting the magnaflow on a 00-02 added 10-15hp, but when put onto the +03, it only added 5hp..

So in that case!!!:
if this new one adds 10-15 to the +'03, then it would be like 20-30hp for the 00-02??? (Please say YES, Please say yes!!!))

I can only dream!

Who cares about the hp gain....it will have the awesome Maggie sound which just can't be beat!!!

2001LS8Sport said:
Who cares about the hp gain....it will have the awesome Maggie sound which just can't be beat!!!
True..True... But I'd rather pay for the performance gain rather than the audio gain! :D

NickLS said:
hmmm... since putting the magnaflow on a 00-02 added 10-15hp, but when put onto the +03, it only added 5hp..

So in that case!!!:
if this new one adds 10-15 to the +'03, then it would be like 20-30hp for the 00-02??? (Please say YES, Please say yes!!!))

I can only dream!
Magnaflow touts 11 HP and 10 lb-ft of torque gain for the 00-02 system. Here is their dyno sheet:

15710.jpg

Is it January yet?!! I keep checking this thread to see updates. I'm really excited for this one. That would make the last mod for the LS.
Intake... √
Xcal2... √
'06 Angel Eyes... √

I can't wait!

It is still slated for January. Let's hope they don't push it out again.

In regards to hp gains I would be very conservative on any increases as promised by manufacturers. After all they are in the business of selling products.
I put a bed cover on my pickup truck which promised 2-3 mpg improvement and it did absolutely nothing.

I had a 97 Mustang GT and put a ton of mods
on it and did dyno's after many of them. Most of the claims were very modest.
The exhaust did produce 5 hp increase (Bassani) but intake mods at the most
only did 2 hp. K&N air filter did at the most 1 hp.

Be very very leery of any claims.

Doug

IMO their claim that it would only produce 5hp on the 03up models is BS. Now suddenly they can swing better numbers, thats a joke. Whats changed? pipes and mufflers are the same then as now, they just didn't try. They just FLAT OUT didn't want to produce the system at that time and they are just stinging you guys along to see if there is enough interest and maybe they'll get to it. As far as the can they produce hp, I believe thay can my 02 benifited from the cat back and I believe the 03up will too just the same. They just are ignoring the LS market for a rainy day. Its a shame. Fact is if I didn't get mine near wholesale price, I would have went to a good pipe shop for half the money they're trying to get for these things. The LS exhaust is very staight forward.

Ken,
I'm wondering if we could get a group buy discount. I know for sure I'm going to buy the day you say you have them in stock... But maybe more people here will sign up saying they want this too. I think there are at least 5-10 people who would like to buy for their '03+ LS. Either way, I hope I'm in line!

I don't know at this point since they are not even available and pricing has not been set. I will ask once they become available.

Members online

No members online now.
Back