Wheel Bearings

doncorleone77

LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to replace the front & rear bearings on my 2000 V8.
Would it be better to replace the bearings or just get the entire wheel hub.
Does anyone know where to purchase them from & how much?

LincolnTech38 said:
you cannot get the bearing seperate. Hub/bearing assembly only.

yep, found that out the hard way when my left rear bearing was bad. not a cheap fix.

Fla02LS said:
What are the symptoms of a bad wheel bearing ?

When mine went bad in my 2003 LS, the symptom was a distinct whining sound at speeds between about 25 and 45 MPH. The pitch of the whine changes with speed, e.g., faster speed gives a higher pitch.

Mine was replaced under warranty.

I just replaced my left rear bearing hub assembly to the tune of $400. When they start to go bad it will sound like a freight train inside the car at mid-high speeds. Mine was so loud I could not hear the radio.

Ok, well thats not my issue. My front drivers side wheel area has a rattle/creaking noise that comes and goes, most noticable when going over rough roads and such.

GrayGhost1 said:
I just replaced my left rear bearing hub assembly to the tune of $400. When they start to go bad it will sound like a freight train inside the car at mid-high speeds. Mine was so loud I could not hear the radio.

Ken..was that parts and labor, or just the part? Is this a DIY job? Im ok so far, just planning ahead in the likely event mine goes at some point in the future

lseguy said:
Ken..was that parts and labor, or just the part? Is this a DIY job? Im ok so far, just planning ahead in the likely event mine goes at some point in the future
That was the part and labor. I bought the hub/knuckle assembly and had my local suspension guy here in town install it.

Members online

Back