Brake Pads: R1 Concepts

OK, getting ready to buy me a front/rear set in the next day or so. My brakes are worn and the weather is getting colder, I gotta get this done soon.

I'm going with the R1concepts front/rear rotors (cross-drilled/slotted) and the accompanying pads. I know I should probably get the plain rotors but hey, these cost the same and they're gonna look mean with my new wheels. It also helps that I've heard many good things about them.

Now, about my calipers. The factory ones are fine. Even my rotors are fine, but whatever. If I can find a good deal on some red calipers I'll buy them too, otherwise I'm gonna take my factory ones and use a caliper painting kit on them. Gonna make them a nice glossy red.

It didn't look to me, like the R1 Concepts rear rotors have vents for cooling. Because of this, I bought my rear rotors from NAPA.

PioneerCrazed said:
All the feedback sounds great, exactly what I was hoping for...

Do these rotor's not rust like normal rotors? Like in between the two plates and on the hat?

I think I'm going to paint my calipers/brackets a nice black for that extra clean look.

hAVE THEM POWDER COATED BEFORE YOU INSTALL (oops cap lock ) them

Well, I got my stuff on the 30th (Monday)...

I'm pretty satisfied with everything other than the pads. I'm thinking they're pretty cheap and debating even using them for the fronts. They sent "Ctek" metallic pads for all around.

I was able to install the rears so far, they look and fit great so can't complain about that. Here some pics of the rears on, and a pic of a front rotor and pads box.

100_0001 (Medium).jpg

100_0002 (Medium).jpg

100_0004 (Medium).jpg

Got the fronts on, also sprayed the calipers with black caliper paint "w/ ceramic" I think it's made by duplicolor; only 6.49 at Autobone. This isn't one of the kit's that they sell that you brush but a spray can, I think it will hold up just fine though. Here are some before and after pics. Haven't got any good shots of the whole car, sun was going down.

100_0022 (Medium).jpg

100_0023 (Medium).jpg

Members online

Back